9- A Great Team

Annabeth's POV

It's been two months since I started school here at Goode. Now, it's October. Everything is going well, so far. I grew very close with everyone. I've gotten used to the Stolls' pranking habits , Nico's immense amount of sarcasm, and Leo's wittiness.

Hazel, Piper, and Calypso are the sweetest girls I have ever met here in Goode. They insisted on planning sleepovers, but they never happen because something always got in the way. They even planned makeovers! Thalia would always leave the conversation when something like that is brought up. I can't blame her. I mean, I'm not big on makeup, but I do wear it. It does look good and natural, not cakey and over the top.

While everyone grew closer, Rachel grew artistically and socially. She came up with jaw-dropping artwork, but grew popular. She's still our good friend and hangs out with us once in a while, but she hangs out more with other people than us. I don't know. She's still the same Rachel back in SF, but more confident and popular.

I grew very close to Peter. He's funny, but can be a dumb, goofball at times. I don't mind, though. It's fun to let loose with him. Out of all the guys in the group, I hang out with him the most. I don't know. Hanging out with him feels natural. There's no awkward silence between us. We just bicker and laugh most of the time.

I was in Mr. Apollo's music class. The last period of the day. The entire group was there. I sat close to the girls, except Rachel, who was over with the "popular" girls. Peter sat next to me, and the boys sat next to him. There's no seating arrangement in this class.

"Hey, guys. Today, I will assign you your first project for this semester," Apollo said. Everyone started to groan, except me. Peter snapped his head back, looking at the ceiling.

"You guys are so melodramatic!" He said. "This project will give you a chance to improve your musical abilities."

"I swear, if it's the project where we have to make music through random noises using our voice, I'm gonna kill myself," Thalia said.

"He actually made you do that?" I asked, turning towards her.

"Yeah. It was living hell! You should've seen Leo. He tried to make firetruck sirens," she said. I chuckled.

"Your project will be making an original song. Be creative!" Mr. Apollo said. When people heard the word "original song", they groaned even more.

"You guys are such crybabies! Always groaning and complaining!" He said. He cleared his throat and readjust his tie. He started speaking:
"Songs are very cool.
You must write a song or fail.
You are crybabies."

"Ugh..." Peter said.

"His haikus are awful," Piper said.

"You will be in groups of four," Apollo said. Once he said that, people started getting up and picking their group members. Thalia pulled me in with Piper and Hazel.

"I'll be in a group with Leo," Calypso said and headed towards Leo.

"I've already chosen the groups," Apollo said. "Go back to your previous seat, please."

Everyone went back to their original seats. Apollo took out his clipboard and announced the groups. I only listened to the groups that has my friends in it.

"Jason, Piper, Frank, and Hazel," Apollo said. The four moved into an empty space, where they could work.

"Calypso, Rachel, Leo, and Stolls. You guys have an extra person because I couldn't make the groups properly even," he said.