19- Drunk Actions Are Sober Intentions

Annabeth's POV

"Mom has been stressed out lately with her upcoming fashion show and all that," Piper said. We were heading to the cafeteria, since it was lunch time.

"Aren't you one of the models?" I asked.

"Which is the problem," she said. "Because I'm one of the models, she's been making me try on most of the clothes she's featuring. She's trying to find the perfect outfit for each model."

I love Piper and all, but why is she coming up to me to talk about this? She usually talks to Hazel about this sort of things. I'm the least qualified person to talk about fashion.

"Talk about exhausting," I said, sounding like I understood what it is like to be in Aphrodite's shoes. Piper nodded.

I could just imagine Aphrodite screaming her head off about an outfit.

"Annabeth." A familiar voice called out.

Please don't be him. I prayed.

I turned around and saw Luke casually walking up to Piper and I, as if he didn't do anything wrong. If only Piper and I walked faster, we would already be gorging on our food. We were so close to the cafeteria, too! We're standing just outside the door!

"Can we talk?" Luke said, eyeing Piper, who just stood next to me with a surprised look on her face. "Alone?"

"I'll catch up to you in a minute," I said to her. She was about to say something when I interrupted her. "It's fine. Go ahead."

With that, she walked into the cafeteria, leaving Luke and I alone.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. I just have to get through this conversation as quickly as possible.

"Annabeth, I just want to say that I'm sorry... For everything. I didn't mean to do that to you. I hope we can still be friends," he said, tucking his hands inside his two front pockets of his jeans.

What the hell? I hope we can still be friends?! What is this guy trying to pull? I thought. I can't even tell if he's being genuine or not.

"Your apology is two years late," I tried to say as calmly as possible, but by the way he winced, I think I didn't do a good job at it. Good.

"I know, I know-" He started to say.

"I hope we can still be friends," I imitated him, adding hand gestures. "Bullshit! You think we can still be friends after you cheated on me?!" I screamed, putting my palms against his chest. I shoved him backwards.

If a person walked passed me, they would think I'm a crazy person, but I don't care. Now that we're actually talking to each other, face to face, I just want to let out all the anger that I felt towards him.

"Look, I just want to say sorry." He said, holding his hands up in surrender. His face softened. "You were like a sister to me."

I scoffed. "A sister? You don't hold hands and lock lips with a sister, Luke."

"That's why I did what I did. I was drunk. Drunk words are sober thoughts, and drunk actions are sober intentions, Annabeth. I thought that I loved you, when I first dated you, but I realized it was only a sibling type of love. I cared less and feared less at my drunk state, that's why I did the thing I did. I only thought of me, and not your feelings," He explained, trying to block my half-hearted punches.