chapter 32

two months later....

nea pov

im sooo happy. sooooooooo happy. every other birthday of mines, the whole family comes to my house for a couple of hours and we enjoy some kinda activity as a family. last time, we enjoyed some board games. this time, i was thinking of a movie night. i already got the snacks and the drinks and a good selection of movies playing on the cable in my living room. "the nacho cheese is in the pot on the stove, uncle nea," rhode had decided that her and the baby would just live here with me. or more like i practically begged her to. im pretty confident that they are the reason i haven't pulled my hair out by now. there was a knock at the door. i wonder who is the first to arrive. i walked over to the door, wearing a clean white tee and some comfy jeans. i opened the door, revealing jasdero and devit. they were smiling. "welcome family!" i swear i live for this day. "happy birthday, uncle nea!" a hug from both of them. they walked in, bringing in two boxes of medium size. "those better have cost less than 20 bucks, you two," i warned. they laughed. yeah, since we are all pretty loaded, me being so most of all, there is a gift cap. not usually more than 20 bucks. i closed the door. "what are we doing this year, uncle nea?" asked jasdero as they took a seat on my sofa. "movie night," i said, making my way to the kitchen to check on the cheese. it was simmering nicely. "who's baby?" i heard devit say. i looked to see jasdero playing with rhode's baby. she was just buried in her phone, not paying attention to him. "rhode, why dont you invite the boy's father? he is apart of this family too, you know," i commented. "tsk...we only recently got on good terms and right after that, some things happened and i haven't seen him in almost a year now. i know he must miss his son. he said he would find us when he takes care of his business," she said, not looking up from her phone. "awe! that's so romantic," chimed jasdero. "you guys are still dating?" asked devit. she shook her head. "he went gay some time ago. i dont know what happened nor do i want to know. last time i saw him, he was with some huge buff guy with a bald head. from the way they were sleeping, id say he was the pitcher but you never know i guess," she said. "mommy, where is daddy at?" asked the boy.

i keep forgetting that he just turned four so walking and talking isn't uncommon for him. i have to remember to lock my door at night. i dont want him walking in on me....you know. relieving myself in front of my computer. he isn't susposed to know about that stuff yet. rhode pulled him into a hug. "i wish i knew, baby. im sure he will come see you soon, now go to your room. ill bring up some snacks for you later," she shooed him away. he pouted before walking away. "love you so much!" rhode called after him. he disappeared from sight. there was another knock at my door. i turned off the cheese to go see who it was at the door. i opened it. "hey sheril! how are you doing?" i asked. he didnt look happy at all. "im fine," he grunted, walking inside, toting a box similar to the others. i didnt even push it, instead just closing the door and walking back into the kitchen. i got several bags of chips to dip in the cheese, some salsa and guacamole. i got a few boxes of pretzels, hard and soft, to dip in the cheese as well. an assortment of finger foods like little sandwiches and cheese sticks cause....well the food theme for tonight is cheese. i started bringing the food in, commissioning the help of jasdero and devit. i put the last of the food on the table as i heard another knock on the door. i made my way over to the door and opened it, revealing tyki. i gave him a knowing look. "what? look, uncle nea, i told you that i had a movie to do last time. im an actor, doing movies is my lively hood," he said. "its fine, tyki. just come on in. the food is gonna get cold," i motioned inside. he was the only one who hadn't brought a gift. "i know what you are thinking and my gift is different. its....some information that i want to share with you," he said, a mild blush coming over his face. "oh? well lets go somewhere private," i was feeling giddy. tyki never ceases to make me excited when he comes over. its always something mind blowing that he would tell me from his travels. i closed the door and followed him to one of my guest rooms.