chapter 17

later on that night....

reader pov

i ended up waking up at about two am. i noticed the light flashing on my phone, again telling me i had some notifications. i picked it up and looked at it.

marie: where are you? the plane is gonna land in like an hour and i cant find you anywhere?

i looked at the time he sent the message, 2:15 am. its 2:30 right now so i should have plenty of time to get to the airport to pick him up. i texted him.

me: you know what airport you are landing at? ill come and get you

i sent the message on my way to the bathroom. i quickly washed up and put on some comfy jeans and a tee, slipped my shoes on and headed out the door.

i got in my car for the first time in like six months. it was sitting outside of the garage so reever was using it for the time being. he asked me a while ago if he could use it to take him and kanda back and forth to work and i was like ok. just make sure you take care of it or you are paying for it. gas was on half a tank. i got another message.

marie: JFK airport in about a half hour

me: got it

that airport is about 45 minutes away but its late so a little speeding will get me there right on time. i pulled off.

i got there about ten minutes late, having to slow down to avoid getting a ticket. i parked and went inside quickly, scanning the area for where he could be......"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU QUIT!!" my head snapped to the screaming, it being very familiar, unfortunately. i looked to see marie getting yelled at by sheril right in the lobby area. the other people were filing past the two, giving him sad glances. sheril kept yelling at him about how he owes him everything and trying his best to convince him that he isn't gonna survive with out him and other bullshit that no one cares about. he is just bitter cause he is just now realizing that no one likes him. i moved to the side, careful not to let sheril notice me. i texted him.

me: i am here right now. i can see you. do not look for me. if sheril sees me, this will all go to shit. pretend to look around, act like you see someone familiar, and get outside quickly. get in the blue Subaru impresa. again, do not let sheril know im here

i sent the message and looked at him. he was just looking absentmindedly at sheril as he continued to yell at him. his eyes widened and he reached into his pocket. he looked at his phone. he looked around, acted like he spotted someone familiar before grabbing his suitcase and walking towards the door, avoiding eye contact with me. "DAMN IT MARIE!! DONT FUCKING WALK AWAY FROM ME!!" sheril proceeded towards the door after him. i quickly followed them out.

marie walked down the side walk till he spotted my car. i quickly unlocked it as he reached for the handle. he put his suitcase in my back seat before getting in my passenger seat and closing the door. sheril knocked on my window, yelling to see who had came to get him. time for the shocking reveal. i sauntered over to the driver's side, not hiding my face, while sheril banged on my window. "i would appreciate if you would stop hitting my window before i call the police," i said, leaning on the side of my car. "i dont know who you think you are but i could buy and sell you in an in-" he looked up. his eyes widened, recognizing my face. i got in before he had a chance to speak and closed the door, locking it. i started up my car. sheril made his way around to my window before banging on it, yelling to be let in. i pulled out the spot, ignoring him bumping into the side of my car, being pushed back. i pulled off, leaving him in the dust.