Chapter 9

I'm back.🙃 Not edited, so please excuse errors.

That night

Bri

"Bae." Sas tapped me as I pretended to sleep, facing the other way in his comfy bed. I honestly couldn't sleep because of the events that took place tonight. They were stuck in my head and playing over and over.

"I know you up." He tapped me again.

"Yes?" I answered quietly.

"Why you facin' that way?" He asked.

"I'm just tired." I lied, closing my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said wrapping his arm around my waist.

I honestly just wasn't feeling him right now, knowing that he killed a man that I once witnessed alive and well, hurts my heart. I know I could have been hurt but no one deserves to die and he has no right to just take someone's life.

I scooted away from him a bit as my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest from all of the images that were going through my head, from what I saw to what could have possibly happened when they took him to wherever they took him.

"Man, if this how you gone act everytime some shit happen then I don't know how this gone work shawty. This my life and I told you about that shit and you was cool with it, now you actin' crazy." He said getting up, walking towards the bathroom.

"I just want to go to sleep, is that problem?!" I yelled back, getting up to follow him . I was kind of tired of him yelling at me and me not being able to do anything about it.

"Who you talkin' to shawty?" He looked away from the bathroom mirror and gave me a death stare.

A hint of fear came over my body when he looked at me that way, I now know what he's capable of and I do not want to be his next victim.

"Sas what am I doing wrong?" I asked quietly, looking down at my hands.

"You actin' different now." He said looking at me.

"Ok, maybe I'm just alittle scared. Okay? Am I wrong for being scared?" I asked him as I felt tears building in the brim of my eyes, I've never been in any situation like this, how else am I supposed to feel or act.

"What you scared fa'? I'm right here with you shawty. Ain't nobody gone touch you while I'm here." He said, getting angry.

"That's the thing." I said quietly as he continued to yell.

"What?" He asked, confused as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't want to live like this, I don't want to have to look over my shoulder every time I walk outside." I told him truthfully as tears fell. I was starting to wish I never met or spoke to Sas. He's bringing too much drama into my life.

"You ain't makin' no sense right now, they was after your ass, not me shawty!" He yelled.

"Whatever." I mumbled, walking away.