Chapter 45: Girls' Night

You started the night out at a fancy restaurant. Nat told you that you would be going to clubs and bars later to drink and dance, but you all needed to eat first.

Pepper assured you that you could order whatever you liked, and she would pay for it. She was the CEO of Stark Industry, after all, she had money. You asked her how come she was the CEO if it was technically Tony's company. "Tony does not like to do paperwork," she said simply, making you all laugh as you had to agree, that was definitely true.

So you ordered all the dishes you had always wanted to try and some you had tried before but were still your favorite. The others didn't comment on your eating habits, they knew you had the same appetite as the super soldiers, and Lilly was eating just as much as you. You both kept it cleaner than the super soldiers and Thor would have, Lilly, keeping their side of the table just as clean as Loki had.

You didn't overeat, knowing that while having food in your stomach when drinking was important, being at a bursting point was probably bad.

You all went back to the limo and started driving to the clubs that Pepper and Nat had prepared. You remembered you are supposed to have bodyguards, but you truly had not noticed any. Nat told you she had seen them, so they were there.

Wanda turned to Lilly with an excited smile. "Did you bring any Asgardian mead?" She tilted her head toward you. But Lilly gave the witch a frown. "No."

You looked up at her surprised and your eyebrows pulled together slightly. "Why not? Don't you want to get a buzz?" You asked. You yourself didn't want to get drunk, but you would not mind a buzz, and normal alcohol no longer seemed to give you the effect.

Lilly looked at you with a smirk that made you blush, it looked a lot like Loki's. "No, I would rather be more alert tonight, and I don't think you should drink either. Don't want you to get so drunk you jump up on the table and start dancing."

You blink slowly looking at her. "... How did you-" But before you could finish your sentence she had the same look that Wanda had had back when you were doing makeup. Like she slipped up. Lilly quickly said: "My brothers told me." And turned away from you to talk to someone else.

Your eyes lingered on Lilly as your eyes narrowed slightly... Hmm.

But before you could think more about it the Limo stopped outside a club with a red carpet and velvet lines, and you were escorted into the building while camera flashes from the paparazzi followed you until you were inside.

༺☆༻

You were all drinking and having fun being in the V.I.P. section of the club. And while you could not get a buzz you could still enjoy the drinks, in fact, you could enjoy them more, knowing you didn't have to worry about being drunk.

You were watching Nat and Wanda on the dance floor, showing off their moves. The floor had those light-up tiles that made the whole thing flash in a way that made everything a bit more exciting.

You hear Pepper call your name and turn to her, she is with Lilly and gestures toward the dance floor. You shake your head and gesture to the drinks on the table, talking a little loud as you need to talk over the music. "I promised to watch the drinks, you go dance!" You said waving her off.

Pepper gave a thumbs up and looked at Lilly, raising an eyebrow. Lilly shakes her head and gestures to Pepper to go to the dance floor. Pepper goes dancing and Lilly sits down beside you.

"Don't think I can watch the drinks by myself?" You ask Lilly with a teasing grin, sipping one of the drinks. "A lady should never go into battle alone," she simply said as she grabs a drink to sip herself. You look at her, raising an eyebrow. "So who do you go into battle with?"

She looks at you confused, tilting her head. You gesture to her. "You just said a lady should never go into battle alone, so who do you battle with?" And then you noticed her face twitch as it seemed she slipped up again. "With my brothers of course," she said quickly and downed one of the drinks.

Hmmm.

"You know what, I think I will dance anyway," she said with a slight blush, downing another drink before jumping up and escaping.

༺☆༻

When you started having a ringing in your ears from the loud music you all went for a walk outside in the cold air to freshen up. This time you did notice some of the men following, and Nat gave you a reassuring head nod, meaning they were the bodyguards and not enemies.

You were walking through one of the smaller parks when you noticed Lilly walking a bit further behind the group. She noticed you seeing her and put a finger to her lips and smiled at you, clearly asking you to be quiet about what she is doing.

And what she is doing is taking pictures of the group without them noticing, making them more natural.

Hmmmm.

You decided to keep quiet and let her take her pictures.

༺☆༻

Next up you went to a karaoke bar. Wanda squealed and ran up to the sign-up sheet right away and you could guess why this just had to be on the list of activities.

"It's nice to see her like this." You heard Nat say, and you turned to her with a questioning look. Nat sighed and looked at you before looking back at Wanda. "She did not have an easy childhood."

You nod slowly looking up at Wanda. You heard a little about it but had not pried. You were just happy Wanda was in a better place now.

Pepper leads the group to a VIP table. This place was not a private karaoke booth kind of place, but instead one of those where you sing to an audience, making you a little nervous.

Wanda and Nat were the first ones to sing, choosing a song called: "Take a Hint." Clearly sending a message to all the guys in the bar.

You sit with Pepper and Lilly, watching them and bopping your head along with the music. "Seems like they are having fun," you said with a warm smile. Pepper looks at you with a smile. "Do you wanna go next?" She asked, holding a tablet out to you. Seams the write-up for singing had an app so you could sign up from the table.

You hold up your hands and shake your head. "Oh no, I'm not ready to try and sing before strangers! You all might have a buzz going on, but I do not!" You said with a blush.

Lilly sees you being nervous and carefully takes your hand. She looks you in the eyes and says in a confident voice. "I'm sure you have a lovely singing voice that would leave everyone in awe."

You look up at her with a surprised look and blush on your face before looking down at your hands. Her hand is just as cold as her brothers, but you also notice the sudden stinging in your hand, the pleasant kind you normally only got when holding Loki's hand.

Lilly blushes a lot, quickly removing her hand and taking the tablet from Pepper. "How about we sing a song together instead, Miss Potts."

They both quickly leave you alone at the table as they walk off to get ready for the next song. Nat and Wanda would be at the table soon.

You look at your hand, still feeling the stinging and warm blush on your cheeks.

Hmmmmm.

You rubbed your hand with a thoughtful look when you suddenly realized who Lilly was. You had thrown your Norse mythology out the window very quickly when meeting Thor and Loki, but now you were mentally picking up the book again and flipping back to some of the old stories.

"Oh, you sneaky little goddess," you whispered, looking over at the stage where you see Lilly and Pepper get ready to perform.