Chapter 16: Evening in

"How was I supposed to know!?" You ask in an irritated voice as the others laugh at you.

You were seated on the couch, Loki slouched on the couch beside you, still smirking and chuckling to himself remembering his brother's face.

Peter was sitting in the armchair, still staring at you like you were the most amazing person in the world, it was honestly embarrassing at this point.

It had taken them telling you several times that yes, for real, you lifting the hammer was amazing. Apparently, it was a magical hammer that only those worthy could lift, and that was a very short list! Odin and Thor of course, then Steve and Vision.

And now, of course, you!

Wanda levitates a bowl of popcorn over to you for you and Loki to share before settling herself beside Vision on the loveseat with her own bowl. "Seriously, not even my magic can lift it!"

Pietro jumped onto the couch on the other side of you, grabbing some of the popcorn "I tried to catch it mid-air once! I do not recommend it!" He said, laughing at the memory.

You pout and sigh, leaning back with a frown. "It's probably just because I'm from another world! The magic is not working on me or something!" You mumbled, taking a handful of popcorn and shoving them into your angry face.

Loki shakes his head, chuckling "No I can assure you that is not the case, the magic is not affecting you, it's the hammer itself" He explained, looking at you with clear curiosity "Not even I can lift it" You thought you might have heard a bit of jealousy in his voice.

You gave him an annoyed look and just settled in to watch some movies.

You all had the full evening and night ahead of you, so you decided to do a movie marathon. Each of you had picked a movie and some snacks, settling in for a chill night.

The first movie you watch was based on a tv-show Wanda watched as a child. It was about a witch who was trying to live a normal life but somehow ended up on the show the movie was based on. You felt like you might be missing a lot of inside jokes since you had not watched the show, but it was still fun, and it was so cute how Wanda twitched her nose like the witch when it happened on screen.

You all had lunch as you watched Pinocchio, Vision had picked that one and you were happy to watch a movie you had seen before, noticing the small differences from the version you knew, but didn't comment on it.

After lunch you watched the movie Loki had picked. It was a movie about a dad whose daughter got kidnapped and how he was doing everything in his power to get her back. You were curious, so in a whisper, you asked Loki why he picked this one, and he answered back in a whisper "I like a character who is willing to kill anyone to save his loved one"

Remind yourself never to kidnap someone Loki loves.

Peter had chosen a movie about superheroes going to high school, the main protagonist being the son of two very famous superheroes but having no power himself, so he is put in the sidekick class.

You all take a break to order food and change into pajamas as you still have two more movies to go through and you wanna be lazy.

During dinner, you got to Pietro's film, and you honestly could not tell anyone afterward what it was about. It was one of those really creepy horror films that even you had to watch through your fingers, curling up with a blanket and shaking.

You didn't even fully notice when Pietro pretended to yawn to put an arm around you, only noticing enough to automatically lean into the touch for a bit more safety.

Loki did notice, rolling his eyes and sitting up more straight "This is boring," He said, glancing at you and giving you a smirk "Are you scared? It's not real."

Peter looked over, he himself had jumped a couple of times and he cleared his throat "Maybe we should watch something else?"

Pietro frowned and leaned forward to get a better view of Peter, giving him a clear 'shut up' look. "Nah come on! It's not that bad!"

Just as he said that there was a jumpscare, and without thinking you dove to your side and quickly grabbed onto the man beside you for comfort, hugging him tight.

That guy would have been Pietro had he not leaned forward, so instead, it was Loki.

Loki looked down at you surprised, eyes wide at your sudden closeness, and then gave you a condescending smirk "That's pathetic."

You looked up at him with big eyes, tears in your eyes as another scream on the screen made you shudder.

His eyes softened as he watched you. You were not sure if it was the pleading look in your eyes or something else that made the smirk fade from his face. He sighed and leaned back, giving your back a soft pat as you held onto him. "Don't stop," He said in such a low whisper you were not sure you had really heard it.

When the movie was finally over, you relaxed your grip on Loki, but your head remained on his shoulder as you twisted around better to face the tv fully again. Your movie was last and you were getting a bit sleepy, the adrenaline rush from the horror movie wearing you out.

He didn't seem to mind, letting you stay there and leaning back into the couch himself, getting comfortable with his arms over the backrest.

You had been so excited when you saw that they had The Martian, it was one of the few mature movies you enjoyed.

"Why did you pick this movie," Loki asked the same question you had before in a joking manner, clearly teasing you.

You thought about that, not wanting to give a joke answer. He had given you a serious answer, and you wanted to do the same.

"It's a movie about a man being stuck in an unknown world and trying to survive," You said and shrugged. "I find it a bit relevant."

He didn't comment on that, but you did feel him paying more attention to the movie. With you leaning up against him you could feel when he got tense, and when he relaxed. You smiled warmly as you could feel him getting more and more invested, he even gasped one time and you heard a soft 'oh no' from him at the death of the potatoes.

You had started paying more attention to Loki than the movie at this point, and your eyelids had started to feel rather heavy. Your belly was full of food and snacks, the blanket around you was very comfortable and the pillow your head suddenly found was nice and cool, so you fell asleep quickly.

༺☆༻

Loki's arms were raised away from you in confusion as he watched you fall asleep on his lap. He looked to the others for help on what to do, and they just quietly laughed at him.

"You better not wake her up," Wanda whispered as she gathered the dishes with magic and walked off to clean them with Vision.

Pietro just shrugged and ran off Loki looked after them, the feeling of being betrayed in his eyes as they just abandoned him like that! Traitors! He looked to Peter for help, they had never really been that close.

Peter just shrugged. "If you move too much you probably wake her, so it's up to you," He simply said as put away some other stuff and went to bed too.

And so Loki was all alone, leaving him trapped under a sleeping mortal, only to move again if he dared to disturb your peaceful sleep.

Looking down at your sleeping form, expression unguarded and peaceful he discussed with himself if he was willing to move at the risk of breaking that expression.

He was not.