Chapter 41: Powers

You sit there for a couple of seconds, wondering why the guy has not hit you yet. Maybe someone stopped him? But you didn't hear anything... In fact, it's gotten very quiet, except for Loki's gasping behind you.

You slowly open your eyes, looking up to see the shocked look of the villain standing over you, their weapon hovering over your raised hands.

No, not hovering... It was against a barrier.

There is a dome around you and Loki, made out of what looks like thin sheets of crystal, transparent, but with a blue tint. You know it's not Loki's magic, he has a green-like shimmer with golden accents, but you still look to the trickster god for answers.

But he looks just as shocked as you, looking at the dome in amazement "Is this you?" He asks, looking at you and then gasping. "I'm not sure!" You said honestly, looking at your hands that are still raised defensively and finding the same blue shimmer on them, making you gasp. "I think it is!"

"I think so too," Loki says seriously, looking at you with an amazed grin. The villain had recovered enough from shock to start attacking again.

You feel a headache-like pain as he strikes the shield, making you flinch slightly. "I don't think I can keep it up forever!" You said seriously, praying that Peter will be able to break whatever is keeping the others from finding you soon.

You see Loki starting to get out of the chains, it's a slow process but you did get the worst bindings undone before you got attacked. "Is backup on the way?" He asks and you realize why it was suddenly so quiet. The dome is also blocking out most sound.

"The others are looking for us! But there is some weird cloaking around the building, Peter is working on it!" You said, flinching more as the others started shooting at your shield. That hurt! You glare at them and on instinct swipe your hand toward them.

You watch in amazement as the blue shiver on your hand turns purple and some of the sheets of the dome change into sharp spikes and shoot at the men, hitting both their weapons and impaling some of them. That makes your hands move to your mouth in shock, making the shield disappear.

But before the guy could hit you, Loki grabs you and rolls you away with him, throwing a dagger at his throat making him fall too.

You hear Loki call your name, and he shakes your shoulders, making you focus on him. "I know you are a good person and don't want to hurt anyone, but these are bad people, and they will hurt us if we don't stop them!" He said seriously. "Everyone on the team would agree."

You nod and get up with him, him giving you his classic grin. "Now. Let's see how powerful you actually are," he said teasingly, giving you an eyebrow wiggle.

༺☆༻

Peter gave an excited woo when he got the shield down, right away calling Mr. Stark on the phone, who picked up right away. "Mr. Stark! I got down whatever shield was around the building!" He said, packing up his stuff quickly. "How far away are you?"

"We are right around the corner! Is the kid and rock of ages with you?"

"No, they are-" Peter pauses as he looks at the security feed, almost dropping his phone. ".... Wooow"

"Spiderboy talk to me! Are they safe?" Tony asks with a worried tone.

"Yep!" Peter says with an impressed grin on his face. "They're doing just fine... I got to get some pictures and videos of this!" He said, hanging up and rushing out, leaving Tony and the others quite confused.

༺☆༻

You had no idea what you were doing but had to admit, you were having fun figuring it out! Loki made everything way less scary.