Side stories + Book News

Yo

Parallels and Opposites are gonna be original books that get published and stuff. I obviously have to rewrite them cause copyright and stuff, but I'm having fun with it. We were really close to the ending anyways.

For now, here are three side stories. 

I appreciate the patience <3

Ame

side story 1

Kaido plays with my hair when he thinks I'm asleep. We lay on my bed together, letting a movie play on my computer while the AC hums. It's so hot outside today, it feels like the heat has fingers and is trying to pry in through the windows.

Kaido sits up against my headboard while I sprawl lazily across the sheets, my head tucked on his lap. His fingers run through the black strands, keeping them out of my face. Though my eyes are closed, I'm awake. I listen to his heartbeat thrum as the movie I'm not even paying attention to goes on in the background.

I always get so sleepy around Kaido, in my home or even his apartment. He just makes me feel safe. Makes me feel seen and appreciated and protected. After an hour or so, I stretch my limbs, making Kaido chuckle. He calls me a cat and tells me to shush because I'm disturbing Voice whose sound asleep on my windowsill.

"You're so cute," he whispers, kissing me when I crawl up and wrap myself around him, making groggy noises against his neck.

"Shut up," I whisper back, hugging him like some stupid koala baby. Kaido runs his hands up and down my back, laying kiss after gentle kiss on my face.

"We should go on a big adventure," I say, sliding my hands underneath his shirt, making him hiss because my hands are cold. "We should just go somewhere in the great unknown."

"What, like the countryside?" he asks, his lids falling heavy over blown pupils.

"Somewhere no one knows who we are." I tease him by scratching my nails down his abs. Kaido retaliates, hooking his thumb on the waistband of my pants, squeezing my hips.

"Trying to escape the shackles of civilization, hm?"

"A little," I admit, letting out a little noise when his palm touches me somewhere antidepressants usually inhibit from working. Although Kaido is excellent at undoing that particular effect. "I just want to go somewhere you can be my boyfriend."

"Oh I'm sorry," Kaido breathes into my eye, nipping it. "Is the guy who has a hand down your pants not your boyfriend?"

"You know what I mean," I whine, biting his shoulder lightly when he moves the way I like. "I want to go somewhere I can kiss you without being scared of who might see us."

"You know if anyone ever says anything," he says, adjusting so that he can lay me down and hover over me. "I'll take care of it." And from the seriousness of his expression I don't doubt he will.

"I never did ask you if you meant to do that," I whisper.

He smirks innocently. "Do what?"

"Spill the coffee on Dai."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You're such a menace, Ah–" I shut my eyes tight when he resumes his earlier ministrations and a part of me thinks he's too good at this to be a virgin.

"Let's just be clear about something, okay, Ame?" he says, in that fake sweet voice, the one that holds so much aggression beneath a layer of silk. He dips down a little closer, gripping that hair he loves so much less than tenderly. "Just because we keep our relationship a secret, doesn't make you any less mine."