orphans

Bakugo

Present

Half of the hero commission was imprisoned today. Over 450 employees– most of which were part of research and development, some in policy work, with the last three being a part of the board right under the president's nose.

Over 300 kids were pulled from the scene. Unable to speak. Their quirks and bodies were enhanced biochemically, but their minds were stunted. They were taken to psychiatric wards to be watched, cared for, but there's no telling the damage they took.

Their leader is dead. He was found in the ice, his lungs ceased from asphyxiation. Azaka was found dead as well, her body burned from the inside out.

Tartarus has been fully dismantled. Any trace of a participant has been killed or imprisoned with the exception of the kids that were under their reign. The only perpetrator left is Otoko. He escaped with his wife and no one's seen him since. We have every reason to believe he is highly dangerous. After more research was done on Nameless, we found that he was just a researcher. Nothing more suspicious. But looking deeper, we found records of his real name along with the records of his entire family being killed the destruction of Deika all those years ago. He was found in the rubble with his friend. Otoko. A man with military training who got his job at UA through the hero commission. Through Nameless.

This was not an accident.

This was a calculated attack decades in the making.

And the only reason we survived it was because of the two people sitting in a jail cell right now.

Tenko was revealed. The world knows he is alive and there is more outrage surrounding the name Tomura Shigaraki than there is for the murderous psychopaths who endangered UA students, engineered hundreds of children as soldiers, organized a coup against the entirety of law and order, and nearly killed my child.

We can't even go back to our own homes.

Reporters have stationed themselves outside of my house, Shoto's house, Deku's– anyone who was named as a perpetrator of All Might's disgrace. Anyone who hid the fact that Shigaraki has been alive for the last twenty-five years.

The sad reality is, no one cares about a self-proclaimed martyr who was unsuccessful. He's dead and as such his crimes and dangerous ideologies no longer plague the world. The world only cares about the justice that wasn't served. The scandal. The bold headlines. They like calling people liars and they like going after those they own revered.

As much as I hate to say it, they aren't completely wrong. And I hate saying this even more, but if it weren't for Yin, I would've let Tenko die all those years ago. But if it weren't for him, neither one of my children would be safe right now. If it weren't for Kaido... Ame would be dead.

Ame hasn't spoken since I carried him off that field and out of the stadium. He was sobbing, his tears staining my shoulder. He only started to quiet down when I sat him in the back of an ambulance. I wrapped a blanket around him as the paramedic patched up his arm.

I offered to take him to the hospital where Kaminari and Kyoka are staying with Mu. I don't have a lot of news. All I know is they're alive, but they still can't see anything. They have a concussion, a cracked skull, and they can't move quite as well as before. Hanta and Mina are staying with them and their daughter. They can't go home from the reporters. They don't want to. If today has taught us anything it's that we can't separate now. Not for a second.

Ame didn't answer when I offered. He just sat there, a blank, dead look in his eyes. He was so scarred by everything that happened. He still is. When I look at him, touch his face, or ask him anything, he looks at me like he did when he was a little boy. When he couldn't so much as cry for help when he was drowning.