the color of evil is red

I am not okay, you guys.

MHA 362.

I hate that stupid idiot. I hate him. And if he doesn't get up and walk out of this fight, I will bawl my eyes out. He's such a dumb, stupid idiot.

It's fine though. Parallels is cannon. Parallels is officially cannon. Cause I said so. Who's with me?

Yuki

A few minutes before

X carried me down beneath the metal hatch. It smelled of iron, a dark place only workers ever roamed beneath the stadium field. Electrical circuits, wiring, and pipes were all that made a home of it. X carried me down, Hidari using a flashlight to lead the way down the steps.

I fought as much as I could as the dose of whatever drug X injected me with took hold. It was painful, but the betrayal was worse.

"You took my quirk again," I groaned, wincing, wriggling in their hold, but X held me tight, their muscles flexed against me.

"It'll come back in a few minutes," they said, settling down on a makeshift bench as Hidari set the flashlight down between us. "I lowered the dose. It's so they don't find you with their leader's quirk." I hissed at the pain, grabbing their shirt front and the straps that held their swords to their back.

"Yuki, you're okay," X whispered, thumb coursing back and forth on my shoulder. They sat back, still holding me against them. "It's gonna be okay."

"You could've warned me."

"I didn't want you to get hurt."

"Why do you care?"

They pushed me from those beams. I haven't forgotten. They fought me, cut me. I haven't forgotten. They hurt me and every time after, that same look graced their face. A look of subtle hatred mixed with something more. Envy and admiration mixed with desire.

"X," I sigh, because for all they hurt me, they saved me too. They're saving me now. I see in their eyes. That they'd save me again. Because I admire them. I think, maybe in a different lifetime, in different circumstances, I could see myself with them too.

Hidari clears his throat.

"Sit the fuck down," X bites, leaned over me.

"X," I whisper. They look down at me, that violet color that used to frighten me glowing peacefully in the dark. "I'm in love with Neka."

"I know," they whisper back, nodding, but I can tell it hurts them. They smile, squeezing my arm once. "Even if it'd never work out between us– you know you still owe me that date."

I smile back, letting myself hug them, relaxing into their chest. A sound like an earthquake comes from above then, blue like lightning creeping the pipes around us.

"What's going on, X?" I ask, holding them closer.

"That's not the signal," X says, not to me–to Hidari. "Go check on the others. Kaido wants them ready."

He nods, running a hand through the coat of red on his head. I make a noise at the sound of Kaido's name, thinking about the way his hand crept towards my throat, the way the smoke filled my lungs when he fought me up on that platform.

"Yuki," X says. "Don't be ungrateful."

"Ungrateful?" I scoff. "You're the one who skewered him."

"That was our business," they say. "That was our fight. The fight he promised me so long as I followed him."

"And why? Why are you following him? After everything he did."

"You don't understand, Yuki."

"So make me understand. Explain it to me."