made for you

Ame

present

My vision went from smothered in red to encased by blue. The whole world turned to another color, a shimmering sort of shine that was reflected within a dome. I've been learning about quirks since elementary school. I've never heard of one that could do something quite to this scale. A force field creating its own hemisphere within the competition grounds of the stadium.

I'd never heard of an ice and fire quirk either, not outside of the Todorokis. Not outside my own family. Not until ice erupted from Kaido's hands like skyscrapers in all directions, laced with fire in their wake.

I shiver on the podium, unable to understand. Suddenly everyone is screaming. Everyone is huddled together, uniforms bleeding. Some students have their legs broken, getting dragged out by each other. The ice shards fell on them, the fire burnt them, and Kaido's eradication of the byproducts of his own power left them crying in pain.

I look to Zold and Azaka. They don't seem panicked at all. Instead, they look right at the man who put up the forcefield in the first place. A man with white hair and blue eyes identical to Zold's, a mask almost the same as Zold's on his face too. He looks around at the stands of panicked people and heroes storming his dome. Deku-san propels into the air with One for All's remnance, diving back down feet first and stepping so hard with his power that green lightning flurries all across the forcefield. I can see Dad's explosions, hear their muffled noise just above too as they try and break through the barrier.

None succeed and like bulletproof glass, it doesn't that dome doesn't even shake.

I can't even feel my broken arm. I can't even feel the anger that just consumed me. I can't even feel One for All. All I feel is this dread, this overwhelming feeling that everyone who ever wanted to protect me, everyone who I ever thought was overreacting, they were all right.

And now that the moment we all knew would come is here, I'm left to stare at the carnage, my glass heart turning my body as weak as the binds in the cracks.

"Zold. Azaka," the man in the mask says. They straighten beside me like soldiers saluting an officer. "Make sure he doesn't move." Before I can say or ask anything, Zold and Azaka both grab me by the arms, backing me up against the pillar behind the stadium.

I try to evade, to kick at them, but together they're stronger than I am. I look around for people I know. Sora. Suru. Copper. Ito. Suzuki. Anyone. And when my eyes meet Kaido's, I can only say that I don't recognize the person standing in his place. He just looks at me, thin siren eyes cold and steady, not a glimmer of anything behind them as he watches Zold and Azaka tie me to the podium like a prisoner tied to a stake.

"Have you located Yuki?" the masked man asks, looking at me, but talking to Kaido.

"My associates are looking for her," he says. "She's hiding somewhere in the tunnels."

"Ah, my little Shimuras," the masked man sighs, so unbothered as if the whole world of heroes isn't raining down over his head. "Always so good at playing hide and seek." He hardens, staring me down like I'm some sort of rat that's infested his home.

"Smoke them out," he orders in a bite. It's when I notice, his dome doesn't cut off at the tunnels. It cuts off just outside of them. Anyone trapped in there is trapped with us too. "And in the meantime."

There's another thing gone amiss I didn't notice before. The students that aren't injured. They're lining up. Lining up with blank faces and dead eyes and some... with numbers branded to their skins.

"Hello there," the masked man says and behind him, students that I think might be soldiers in UA uniforms bring up their own herd of prisoners.

Sora gets injected with something, a little red casing with a needle that's stabbed right into his neck. He tries to use his quirk, his strength, but quickly he gets disoriented. Suru and Copper are attacked in the same way, none of them able to fight off the hord attacking them.