Part 70

I take a deep breath to smooth out my nerves. Alright! It is time!

I shoot the guarding knight a look.

"Announce that Lady Annelise Thornweather is here and wishes to speak with King Drayden." I ordered. The knight nods and enters the door to deliver my message. He peeks his head out after a few seconds and beckons us in.

"They are ready for you." He says, opening the door for us. I glance over at everyone who nods.

We enter the office space to see my father, King Drayden, and Prince Astric sitting around a table with lots of paperwork. My father is the first to notice our presence.

"Ah! My baby! You've awoken!" He jumps up immediately and runs towards me. Henry releases my hand as my father comes up and gives me a big hug. I hug him back but push him off when he hugs for too long.

"Yes, I'm fine. Now move, I need to speak with the king." I ushered him off.

"Hmmm, my daughter wakes from a coma and the first thing she does is go to the king!" My father pouts. I ignore him.

"We greet your majesties." I bow toward King Drayden and Prince Astric who looks shocked at my father's sudden change. I guess he didn't know that Duke Thornweather dotes on his daughter a lot.

"Hello, father." Prince Orion walks up to stand next to me. He nods toward Prince Astric to recognize his presence. Prince Astric nods back.

"Ah, you've come. What good timing, we have just finished up." King Drayden waves for us to come closer. My father sits next to him and pats the space next to him.

"Come, come sit!" He joyfully says. I sit next to him and Prince Orion sits in the chair adjacent to us. The rest stand behind us.

"So, we are assuming your presence is here regarding our prior agreement?" King Drayden starts.

"Yes." I nod.

"Hmm." King Drayden rubs his beard mysteriously. Me and Prince Orion look at each other. What does that mean?

"We held the competition and it went well despite other things. So we have completed our end of the agreement!" I started to say.

"If King Drayden thinks I still want Prince Orion, then I must say that I do not! Regardless of Prince Orion's feelings, my own has changed and I am no longer interested in being the fiance of Prince Orion!" I cross my arms defiantly.

"Yeah! And I have no feelings toward Annelise besides being friends! We don't want this engagement!" Prince Orion pipes in.

"Hmm." King Drayden ponders.

"Then let us ask you a question, Lady Annelise. Did Prince Orion perform an act of nobility?" He asks. Huh?
"An act of nobility?" I repeat.

"Ah yes, the agreement calls for Prince Orion to perform an act of nobility for the engagement to be nulled. If no such act was performed then the engagement remains." King Drayden's attendant pops in, adjusting his glasses.

"Eh?" I exclaimed. Dang, I forgot about that!

"So, we ask again, Lady Annelise. Did Prince Orion perform an act of nobility?" King Drayden speaks, staring straight at me. Uhhhh.

"Um." I look at Prince Orion for help. He looks just as confused as I am.
"Um, Prince Orion came in first place for the couple's race!" I point out.

"Hmm, but he did not accomplish this on his own." King Drayden glances over at Bella.

"Your majesty." She bows.