Part 17

After what felt like a weird pause, I hear Henry sigh and release me from his grasp. I move slightly away and look up to see Henry brushing his hand over his hair, his face catching the moonlight, looking very much like a supermodel. I stare at his handsome face, admiring how the light dances on his chiseled features. He looks a little ruffled but still handsome.

"Ahum!" Henry clears his throat. I notice that the tips of his ears are slightly red. Hmmm.

"I apologize for the sudden intimate contact." He says, bowing only slightly now.

"Oh, um, it is fine! I was the one to touch you first... so.." I stammer, my face steaming from this whole event. He nods.

"...."

"...."

"Uh-" "I-" We both talk at the same time, Henry gestures for me to go first.

"Um, so.." I play with my fingers a little.

"Yes?" Henry kind of stands awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

"Ahem! Do you have any other questions for me, regarding the plan?" I ask Henry. He takes a moment to think. I play with my sleepwear a little, pressing against the creases from when we hugged. What just happened? I- I hugged this handsome specimen right here, just now.... ???? Let's not think about it. It will only make me more confused.

"..Not at the moment.." He says.

"Oh." I look at the ground. ........ Well, what now?

"Ah... I shall take my leave..." Henry speaks. I look back up. Oh yeah, it's pretty late.

"Yes, have a good night." I walk up to Henry, who freezes. Um.

"Oh, I was just going to walk you out." I gesture to the door. He starts to walk stiffly with me to the door.

I laugh a little at his awkwardness and he smiles back. Henry opens my door and leaves, looking back after walking a bit. I wave at him, mouthing "goodnight" since everyone should be asleep by now and I didn't want to wake the whole house up. He mimics me and leaves. His silhouette fading into the darkness.

I sigh, closing my door.

Wow, that.... Was an experience. I touch my chest to feel my heart, beating much slower than before, but still faster than normal. It almost felt like a dream, a weird dream, but something I never thought I would experience in my two lifetimes. I may have been betrothed at an early age, but me and Prince Orion never did anything besides simply enjoying each other's time, sipping tea, and small talk.

Me, being the daughter of the Thornweathers, thought it would be better to wait till after we officially married to partake in showing physical affection. Now though with knowledge of the storyline, Prince Orion may have never wanted to initiate anything with me because he held feelings for his first love and didn't want to break his commitment to his first love. Like a good main lead. I am very curious to meet the female lead, Bella. And see their relationship in person. She's supposed to be quite beautiful, despite having commoner status, and her parents are relatively normal, though her mother is the personal maid of the Queen.

I sigh again, man, I'm going to be meeting with Prince Orion tomorrow. Hah, it's been a while since I've interacted with him. I wonder if he's changed a bit? His brother's back so he's going to be certainly less busy than before.