Part 60

An annoying voice approaches us. We turn to see Prince Circe walking up to us, seemingly having lost his previous crowd of followers.

"Oh! I greet your majesty!" Vanessa, the first to respond, quickly bows. Henry and Mary bow, but I don't. If I bow now, I'll surely fall down. I barely have enough strength to stand and talk, if I try to move anything bigger than my finger, I'll definitely fall flat on my face!

Prince Circe looks at us strangely. Did he hear our conversation? Hmpf! Serves Vanessa right for acting like this in the royal castle.

"Hello." Prince Circe stops himself from acting out when he notices a new face.

"Who might you be?" He smiles slightly, almost gently. For the first time, I am shocked to see this rascal acting like a prince. What a night and day difference!

"Ah, I am Vanessa Willowbrook, daughter of the Willowbrook Dukedom." Vanessa hurriedly curtsies, flashing what I would assume is her most innocent smile, but to me, it just looks extremely fake.

"Willowbrook? Never heard of them." With the grace of royalty, Prince Circe delivers his typical blunt response. Vanessa's face heats up to a brilliant state of pink. If I didn't know of her snake-like personality, I would have thought the image to be adorably cute.

"Ah, um. We are the closest region to Vendia." Vanessa slightly stumbles her words at Prince Circe's shocking retort.

"Ehh. Stuff there still exists? Both armies completely trashed the warzone." Prince Circe tilts his head in confusion. If I had more strength I would have giggled. Mary shares my feelings and snickers slightly behind me. Vanessa flinches at Mary's laughter.

"Ah, well, we are recovering..." Vanessa trails off, scrambling to figure out what else to say. Prince Circe ignores her ramblings and walks up closer to me.

"Anyways, what are you guys doing? I didn't think you were actually this loud and obnoxious to everyone!" Prince Circe surprisingly has an amused expression on his face.

"What! I have you know that I am respectful to others if they deserve it!" I smile snarkily.

"Heh? You aren't saying that me, a prince, is not deserving of your respect? A lowly duke's daughter!" He raises his voice in irritation.

"Hmm. I ain't saying it, you're the one who's saying it!" I smile, highlighting his mistake. Ha!

"What!" I could almost see a vein popping from his forehead at his frustration.

"Ah, don't mind her, Prince Circe! She doesn't know politeness or respect even if it was slapped across her face!" Vannessa barges into our circle, smiling.

'Anyways, how are you enjoying Elden? We have lots of natural shrubbery and flora! I can show you around if you like..." Vanessa smoothly invites herself as Prince Circe's tagalong.

"Hard to say... Don't know how I should feel that my enemy is flourishing." Prince Circe shrugs, once again striking with his frontal assault. I could almost see Vanessa breaking at Prince Circe's responses. Ha! What makes you think you could handle someone like Prince Circe? Actually, that sounds weird, I don't want to be associated as someone who can handle Prince Circe's weird antics, so.... Oh no! His words are so cruel!~ 

"W-well, it's always nice to look at pretty things and relax. The south garden supposedly has gardenias..."

"Oh. I already saw it. It was nothing much."

"Ohh, I see...."

"..."

"My lady, should we leave? You don't look very good." Henry leans in to whisper. Yeah, I gotta leave. My legs feel like jelly and I'm already starting to sweat crazily. I can't hold it off much longer.

"Oh my gosh! What happened, my lady? You're sweating so much! Let's hurry and go back to your room to rest!" Mary worriedly whispers, patting my forehead with a handkerchief.

"Ah, it's nothing serious. You know my body's weak..." I reassured her.

"But yeah, while they're distracted, let's leave. There is no way Vanessa will try and stop us with Prince Circe here." I nod to Henry, who gracefully picks me up, princess style once again! We start to head back to my room.

"Hm! What are you guys doing?" Prince Circe is the first to notice.

"I'm going back to my room to rest." I answered as strongly as I could muster. Now that I'm in Henry's arms, the fatigue is starting to set. I can feel myself falling asleep rapidly.

"Huh? Why is he carrying you?" Prince Circe looks at Henry strangely.

"Are you actually her servant? I thought you were a knight?" Prince Circe looks disappointed.

"I am a knight. It is my duty to serve the Thornweathers." Henry simply explains.

"Hm, your talents are wasted here. Serving some noble's daughter? You should come and serve me, a prince!" Prince Circe proudly invites Henry. What. In front of my face? I can feel anger rushing up to my head. Does this rascal think he can just simply steal Henry from me? You got another thing coming kid!

"What! Henry's not some toy you can take! And for the record, he's mine!" I declare.

"Whatever. What can you even do? You're not even the heir, right? I heard that you have an older brother who's the heir. You can't stop me if I want something!" Prince Circe smirks.

"I'm sorry, I will have to decline your offer. I am perfectly happy here." Henry interrupts our fight. Prince Circe seems shocked.

"What! You're happy serving just some chick?" Woah, woah, woah! I'm not "just some chick"!

"Why you-!" I shake my fist in anger at his slanderous words. I would go beat you up if I wasn't completely spent.

"Lady Annelise isn't just some chick! Watch your words! You know nothing!" Mary steps into the fray, guns blazing.

"Hah! Like some maid can tell me what to do! What right do you guys think you have to challenge me, a prince?" Prince Circe scoffs This prince, that prince. Why don't I wipe off prince from your vocabulary, huh?!

"Are you even listening to what you're saying? What "prince" acts like this to someone else's servants!" I scoff.

"Huh? When did you get a knight, Scarecrow?" Vanessa finally notices Henry. Her eyes light up at his handsomeness. I could almost see her start to drool.

"Where did you get such a fine specimen? How did I not know such a person exists?!" Vanessa quickly crosses the distance to creep up to Henry, admiring his godly looks.

"I don't need to answer your questions, Vanessa. I'm leaving. Let us go, Henry." I notify Henry to leave.

"Wait! Wait! I need to know who this gentleman is! How did you even grab him?" Vanessa lunges to grab Henry, who easily sidesteps her advances.

"I must apologize for my behaviors, Lady Vanessa, but we must leave." Henry politely refuses Vanessa. She freezes for a bit, probably due to Henry's amazing charisma. We take this opportunity to flee. Prince Circe seems bewildered by our behaviors that he doesn't stop us from leaving.

*I hope you guys are enjoying the story. I know it's a bit boring at times. I'm trying to incorporate less exposition and more silliness. Thanks for your patience. 

**Now that I'm on this tangent, I do want to apologize for the length of chapters and the amount of them. I didn't think it would reach up to 60 chapters, but it has. So I want to thank and congratulate all that have continued to read up to this point! It's been a long ride! I appreciate those that are still following along with Annelise and her friends! :)