Part 18

I look out the window of my carriage, the view of our golden fields and rushing rivers always soothes me. Mary is sitting next to me, reading the siblings' romance book from yesterday. The couple finally openly proclaimed their relationship in front of their parents at dinner and although awkward feelings were expressed, their parents acknowledged that they fell in love before their marriage and they aren't biologically related so it's okay I guess. Long story short, their parents accepted their relationship, and now- although kind of weird- the two couples enjoy going on family double dates.

"Hah." I sigh, admiring my new personal knight, riding majestically on his dark brown horse next to us. Henry decided not to ride with us because he felt it would have been too crowded. I'm not trying to brag but my family is rich and my personal carriage is not small. There is more than enough space for six people to ride comfortably. But I completely understand Henry not wanting to be in a small space for a long period of time, especially with someone who you were just intimate with last night. Intimate? Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?

I yawn. I couldn't sleep much, all I did was imagine Henry's arms around me, over and over, smelling his scent, feeling those perfect muscles, etc. I'm going to have to do something about this, but I don't know what to do. I need to see other eye candies and lower the shock of Henry's handsomeness a peg or two. I won't be able to proceed with my plan if all I can do is gawk at his incredible gorgeousness. Maybe I should attend the first prince's welcoming party, to see all of the beautiful people of our kingdom.

"My lady, did you hear?" Mary asks, taking a short break from her reading.

"What news? That First Prince Caelum is back?" I tilted my head. Mary shakes her head.

"No, that First Prince Caelum brought back a princess from Vendia! The kingdom we went to war with! Why did he bring her all the way over here?" Mary closes the book and inches closer, her eyes shining for gossip.

Oh, right! One of the major reasons why the war finally stopped was that the kingdoms decided to have an arranged marriage to foster better relations. Their union allowed Prince Orion to freely express his feelings towards Bella since Prince Caelum returned to ascend the throne with the Vendia Princess. Also, his contributions to the war helped boost his position to be the next in line.

"The Vendia princess? Maybe First Prince Caelum is going to get married." I say.

"Ooh! A royal wedding! I haven't seen one in such a long time!" Mary squeals with excitement. I nod in agreement. Royal weddings are super fun and exciting. Especially if it's going to involve two major kingdoms, the celebrations and wedding ceremony is going to be very grand.

"I wonder if the Vendia princess is beautiful," I said, trying to remember any details the novel mentioned about the Vendia princess. The novel didn't really elaborate on Prince Caelum's wife, except that she was actually willing to marry Prince Caelum. Both sides willingly agreed to it so there wasn't much resistance. An unusual thing to happen in a web novel but they weren't the main couple so it doesn't matter!

"I'm not sure, but I'm assuming she is a divine beauty if First Prince Caelum took the time to bring her here," Mary says. I nod. Yeah, I forgot but Prince Caelum is a total playboy. Only interested in beautiful things. There's no way that he would agree to a marriage if his partner wasn't good-looking.

"We will most likely meet the princess when we are staying at the castle." Mary points out. That's true. The Vendia princess will surely be living in the royal castle as well if she is going to be married to Prince Caelum. Cool, I get to meet a real-life princess!