Part 5

The room stills for a moment but is interrupted by a hearty laugh.

"Wahhahaha! A lover?" Regina is the one that laughed. The other two still look dumbfounded.

"I'm assuming I'm out of the race then. Unless Lady Annelise swings the other way?" She looks at me, smirking. I smirk right back at her.

"Sorry, I'm into guys at the moment. But if too many reject me, I'm down." I jokingly reply. She smiles and bows, gracefully exiting the room with a wave.
"Let me know if you need me, my lady. It was nice knowing you." She says.

"Thank you for your service." I wave goodbye to her. The room is suddenly back to being awkward. I clear my throat.

"Ahem, ahem." The boys seem to have been awoken from their stupor and look towards my father, avoiding my eyes. Yeah, you guys didn't even know what you were signing up for. I pity you.

"Anyways, to repeat, I am currently in need of a bodyguard, and if my first plan doesn't go well, my backup plan requires me to have a lover. I thought it would be convenient and easy if they were the same person." I clarify.

"I'm not that evil, so I'll allow you to decide if you are willing or not. I do want to let you know that the "lovers" part is pretend so I won't expect you to suddenly fall for me." I add on, looking at the two men standing in front. They both seem lost in thought at my new condition. My father breathes a sigh of relief. Hey, I'm not that heartless!

After a brief moment, both seemed to have come to a conclusion. Richard steps up first.

"I am not currently in a relationship, Lady Annelise, but-" He blushes.

"I am trying to court someone at the moment and-" He starts, but I cut him off.

"Okay, I don't want to ruin your chances so you're out," I wave at him to leave. He breathes a sigh of relief, bows, and leaves. The beautiful specimen is the only potential candidate left. He is still silent but seems dissatisfied. My father looks at him a little apologetic. I feel like I understood the current situation, but I like this Henry guy's looks too much to give him my kindness. I wait for him to speak.

"I am not currently in a relationship, nor in the progress of courting." He starts, his voice low and smooth.

"I am also not currently occupied at the moment." He looks at my father with a slight glare and sighs deeply. I watch in fascination of his large chest moving slightly, the muscles ripping from his tight undershirt. I gulp in my thirst. Girl, calm yourself!

"If Lady Annelise does not mind, I-" He pauses again, slowly drawing the words. I lean in, in anticipation.

"-I am willing to play the part as Lady Annelise's bodyguard-personal knight, and-" He stumbles on the word.

"L-lover." He finishes and the room becomes silent again. My father looks slightly proud but also with pity towards Henry.

"My baby, Henry is very skilled and is a perfect choice to be your personal knight! I also don't mind if he becomes your partner as well." My father gives me the eyebrow wiggles. I had guessed this was staged from the beginning when Regina was part of the choices, but I wanted to give Henry the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, my father knows me too well. My tastes and what I wanted for my plan. He found the perfect knight for me, it just looks like the knight in question isn't too keen on this plan of mine. My consciousness says, no, don't put this poor knight under this if he doesn't want to, but my other side says yes, yes, yes! I ponder a bit, then come to a conclusion.

"Father?" I turn to my father.

"Yes, my baby?" he asks. I smile sweetly.

"Get out." I order him. He stumbles and stares pitifully at me.