Part 11

I discussed more details about my plan with Mary and Henry. Mary will be using her status as a maid to gather rumors and news of anything pertaining to Prince Orion, while me and Henry will take the more direct approach, inviting the prince for activities and gathering direct information from him. If Prince Orion is willing to cooperate, we can stage a scene of me stumbling onto his secret or he can express his desire to his father in secret to avoid harming both of our reputations. Though, knowing him, he probably won't be willing to stand up to his father. He's always been a softie.

I sighed. The biggest problem is the king. He definitely won't let us end it easily. He's always been wary of the Thornweathers. We are one of the stronger Duke families, aside from the Camelias. He won't feel comfortable unless he has some hold on us. My union with Prince Orion is an easy link. I'll need to do something to either lessen his distrust or weaken our power, or hope something happens that outshines our power stance like if one of the dukedoms revolts, or we start another war with another neighboring kingdom. But that's not something I have the power to influence.

"Well, I guess Henry, we could meet after dinner to do some practicing. I want to be prepared for everything!" I concluded the meeting. Henry nods. Mary collects our plates and cups, and I fold up my plan. Hopefully, my plan works and I can escape my death flag.

A cool breeze flows between us and my hair wipes around, blocking my vision. I move my hair away from my eyes to see the afternoon light wrap around Henry, creating an ethereal glow surrounding his fabulous body, making his gorgeous face breathtaking. I gulp, this man is too good-looking. I watch Henry slightly flex his muscles as he gets up from his chair. His graceful moves are smooth but also carry a bit of pride. I can feel my heartbeat increasing as I watch this fine, fine gentleman exist in the same room as me. I don't think I've seen anyone more attractive looking than this guy right here, in front of me. I almost can't believe that I can interact and see someone this amazing in the flesh. Thank you villainess powers!!!

"Lady Annelise?" I look to see Henry staring at me, his dark eyes reflecting the natural light, so deep and fascinating. I feel my face start to heat up from his stare and I suddenly feel very flustered and nervous.

"Uh, well, see you in a little bit!" I stuttered and rush out of the garden, Mary tagging along.

*Sorry for the short chapter this update!