Part 42

We quickly reached the meeting point at the upper north gardens, where Bella and Prince Orion are stretching, probably getting ready to go and practice some more. I frantically wave at them to get their attention.

"HEY! HEY!" I shouted. They look up and wave back. Prince Orion runs up to meet us.

"Hiya, Annelise. Feeling better?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm good. But no time for that right now!" I brush off his comment and drag his butt over to Bella and now Henry, who has joined us. He looks a little apologetic but I don't have time to dwell.

"Guys, guys! I have something important to tell you!" I say, out of breath. They all look at me in confusion. Mary hands me a glass of water. When did she even get that? I ignored my curiosity and take her offer.

"The Vendia royalty are here, yes?" I ask, taking a big gulp. The sweet water is refreshing.

"Yes, they arrived not too long ago." Prince Orion replied.

"Have they met up with Princess Echina yet?" I give back the now empty glass to Mary, who refills it.

"I don't know. Probably not since it was fairly early when they arrived. Princess Echina might still be asleep." Prince Orion speculates. He looks over at Bella who shakes her head.
"I haven't heard of anything except that they have just arrived." She says.

"Well, that's fine! But we need to increase the security and keep an eye on them!" I declare.

"Huh? Why?" Prince Orion tilts his head.

"Because! There's going to be an attack! King Drayden and Queen Solana are in danger!" I announced.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Prince Orion looks startled.

"Vendia's going to attack during the ball and try to kidnap Prince Caelum to get us to rewrite the war terms!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down.
"Come On! We got to go and tell them!" I pull on Prince Orion's arm, but he doesn't budge. Dang it, these lack of muscles!

"Wait, wait. Slow down, Annelise. What do you mean Vendia's going to attack? Why are they attacking when the war is over?" Prince Orion looks at me confused.

"Lady Annelise, what do you mean that Vendia will try and kidnap Prince Caelum? How do you know of this?" Bella asks.

"My lady, was this why you were in such a rush? What do you mean there's going to be an attack?" Mary looks at me concerned.

"Lady Annelise, how do you know that Vendia is going to attack the royal family?" Henry looks worried. Everyone starts to bombard me with questions.

"Guys! I'll explain more later! We need to go and notify the king and queen! We got to set up preventative measures!!!" I tug on Prince Orion's arm and try to drag him back to the castle.

"Lady Annelise." Henry puts his hand on my shoulder.

"What? We gotta go!" I look at him. What does he want?

"Lady Annelise, calm down for a moment. Explain again slowly." Henry puts his other hand on my shoulder, trapping me between his arms.

"Uh, Vendia's going to attack us at the ball and we need to go and warn the king and queen!" I release Prince Orion and try to shake off Henry, to no avail. Henry sighs but stares at me seriously.

"Lady Annelise, this is a serious matter. How can you confirm that Vendia will attack the royal family? We have just recently completed the peace treaty and will be having both sides marry." Henry asks.

"Umm. I just know! But we'll know for sure if we see the Vendia princes!" I think for a moment. 

There's no way I'll going to tell everyone that I realized we're in a novel and we're all fictional characters in a predetermined script. That's just crazy talk! They'll put me in a hospital and keep me trapped forever! I don't want to be subjected to tests and stuff for the rest of my life! What if they use me to predict the future and solve world problems? I don't remember every exact detail from the novel!

"How will you know that Vendia will attack us because of seeing the princes? Are you not certain that Vendia will actually attack us?" Henry asks, serious.

"Um, um. Well because Vendia isn't satisfied that they have to pay war reparations and that they're marrying off their princess!" I try to explain.

Those princes are major siscons. If I just see them in action, I'll know for sure that Vendia will attack. There's no way they won't try to do something to prevent their sister from marrying. Since they haven't met up with Princess Echina yet, it matches the storyline. They don't realize that Prince Caelum and Princess Echina actually like each other and are willingly wanting to marry each other. 

I mean I didn't believe it till I saw them the other day either. Too lovey-dovey for it to be all an act. And even when they finally see that Princess Echina genuinely likes Prince Caelum, they won't agree to allow her to marry because they're total siscons! They'll do everything and anything to prevent that from happening!

"Wait, I thought they agreed to the marriage? Why would they be dissatisfied?" Prince Orion speaks up. Henry looks at me.

"Well, I mean..." I try to think of an explanation.

"My lady, is this another one of your ideas? I don't know where you get these thoughts from." Mary seems to realize something.

"Well... I think? Besides I told you that we'll know for sure if we just meet the two princes! Come on! We gotta go and see them and then warn your parents!" We don't have much time left. If the Vendia princes are already here, that means that their plan is already in motion. Even if the attack is planned for tomorrow, we shouldn't just wait for it to happen! People might get injured or killed! Though, I don't think the novel was that serious.

I try to escape from Henry's arms, who doesn't budge. Ugh!

"Stop asking questions and let's just go and see the princes! Don't we need to greet them anyways? Or at least, you need to!" I direct my comment to Prince Orion.

"Uh, I guess? I skipped the breakfast to go and practice some more before the mock event..." Prince Orion says sheepishly.

"You did? I thought you said King Drayden gave you permission to go and practice?" Bella looks at Prince Orion with a slight glare. He shrinks.

"Well, it's true! I sent noticed that I would miss breakfast and no one has come to tell me otherwise!" Prince Orion runs from Bella, who's trying to grab his collar.

"What! You didn't even ask in person! You just left! That's so rude!" Bella yells at him.

"Hey! Hey! HEY!" I tried to yell at Prince Orion and Bella, but they ran off.