Part 69

"My Lady! How are you feeling?!" Mary bursts through the door pushing a cart full of food. Henry follows behind, still unshaven, but his clothes are properly fit together now. I climb out of bed and head to the table. Henry brings over his favorite chair and Mary sets the table.

"I'm feeling fine actually. A bit hungry but nothing extreme." I answer, accepting a cup of steaming tea. Mary already started piling food on my plate and helping me arrange my hair away from my face.

"That's good! We were worried sick when you didn't wake up! The doctor said it was just a combination of fatigue and the sudden fright. I was so scared when I saw the arrow shoot at you! Luckily Sir Henry was able to block the arrow from harming you! Next time you need to be more careful! This is why your father wanted to assign you guards when you go out!" Mary rambles, pilling more and more food on my plate.

"Haha, thank you, Mary." I chuckle at her nagging.

"Hmpf. I can't believe I wasn't the first one to see you awake! I only left your side momentarily to remind the chef to warm your meals just in case you woke! How unlucky that the moment I leave and Sir Henry comes in to check up on you, you finally open your eyes!" She huffs.

"Sorry, Mary." Henry laughs.

"Oh, has King Drayden mentioned anything about my engagement yet?" I take a bite of food. Ah, it's delicious!

"Ah? No, the king has been busy discussing with Prince Astric." Mary says.

"Hmm, I want to finish this as soon as possible. I don't like that I'm still engaged in name to Prince Orion. His flirting with Bella at the competition was too obvious. I had wanted King Drayden to announce our ending at the end of the competition, but I guess that wasn't met to be..." I suck on my spoon, frustrated.

"Yes! We must clear this misunderstanding! You don't know how many of my friends asked me what was going on during the competition! They think you've weakened and letting Prince Orion do whatever he wants! Such a disgrace to the Thornweather name they said!" Mary grips tightly at her spoon.

"I also agree that it should be clarified." Henry pipes in.

"Then let's finish eating and go see the king!" I scarfed down my food and quickly clean my plate.

"Hurry up and eat Henry! Mary, help me get dressed!" I head towards my closet to pick out something presentable.

"Ah, okay!" Mary pushes the rest of her onto Henry's plate and helps me into my dress.

"Hey!" Henry exclaims.

"No peeking!" I yell from behind the divider. Mary shoots a glare at Henry, warning him.

"Yes, we're letting you remain here to finish eating, but you may not peek!" She reminds him.

"Of course!" Henry waves his hands to show his understanding.

"Knock, knock." "Sir Henry? Ms. Mary? This is Bella." "And Prince Orion!" Two voices overlap as the sounds of knocking fill the room.

"Don't come in yet!" "Please do not come in!" Me and Mary yell at the door. Henry quickly walks over and guards the door, covering his eyes from our direction.

"EH?" The voices outside exclaim.

"Lady Annelise?" "Annelise, you're awake?!" The voices again exclaim.

"Ahem, Ms. Bella, Prince Orion, Annelise is currently changing. Please wait a moment." Henry empties his throat and speaks towards the door.

"Oh!" "Ah, okay!" The voices acknowledge.

"Wait! Sir Henry, you're helping Lady Annelise change?!" Bella pounds on the door at the realization.

"N-no! No! Mary is here! I'm just guarding the door! I haven't seen anything!" Henry flusteredly says.