Part 32

"Uh, so are we still engaged?" Prince Orion is the first to break the confusion.

"I think... no? We are no longer engaged but we aren't allowed to say that till after the welcoming ball." I try to piece the sudden influx of information given by King Drayden.

"Wait, wait, but what about this act of nobility? What am I supposed to do to show that? Father wasn't very specific on that. And the engagement isn't broken if I fail?" Prince Orion says confused.

"I'm not entirely sure. But the welcoming ball is two days from now. That isn't a lot of time." I shrug.

"What am I supposed to do in two days????" Prince Orion starts to panic. He turns towards Henry and grasps his hands.

"Sir Henry, you must teach me the ways! Let's us go now!" He tugs Henry out the door.

"Hey! Wait a moment!" I shout at Prince Orion. They stop halfway and look at me.

"I'm coming too! I'm not letting you have Henry all to yourself!" I huff, stomping up and grasping Henry's remaining free hand.

"My lady, shouldn't you notify Mary of the change in plans?" Henry says, glancing at me.

"I'll find a servant and inform her. Don't worry, this is a great opportunity!" I say, dragging Henry along the hallway with Prince Orion taking his other hand.

We head to the royal training grounds where groups of royal soldiers are practicing and battling against each other. Their glistening sweat and ripped muscles highlight the intensity of the practice. I can feel the passion and dedication to the skill of each and every soldier.

Men and women swinging different types of weapons, the heavy grunts and pants of the training fill the area. Too cool. Too hot.

"My lady, are you going to stand there?" Henry's voice wakes me from my viewing pleasure. I turn to see him and Prince Orion walking towards a resting area, where soldiers are seen resting and changing. I quickly run up to meet them.

"Are you going to spar together?" I ask, tilting my head. Prince Orion and Henry are removing their outerwear and changing their shoes into something more comfortable.

"I don't know. What are you going to teach me, Sir Henry?" Prince Orion asks.

"We can start with basic stretches. My lady can join in for those." Henry starts. Eh, I'm joining?

"I would like for your majesty to also perform some moves so I can see your current foundation," Henry says to Prince Orion.

"Woah, okay sir!" Prince Orion jumps up excitedly. Wait, wait, I'm joining?

"I'm joining too?" I ask.

"Yes, my lady should get some exercise. It's not healthy to just sit and eat all day." Henry looks at me. Ehh. I stare at him in disbelief.

"You should also get changed into more comfortable clothes, my lady." Henry hands me a set of clothes.

"Here's a pair of shoes for you, Annelise!" Prince Orion comes up to me and hands me a pair of flats.

"But, I thought I was just watching you guys practice..." I mumbled, accepting the clothes and shoes.

"It will be fun training together, Annelise! Bella practices with me all the time!" Prince Orion speaks up, smiling at me. Bella is different from me! I don't do physical stuff! She literally saved you from a wolf attack, I could never! Good on her though!