PERSON OF INTEREST

"Thulile, I'm so sorry."

"Get your hands off me," she muttered.

Even in her sleep, she rejected him. Elije smiled and walked to the door missing Gisele, who hurried away.

Her fiancé's behavior was odd since their engagement. Elije seemed to avoid her. Thus when Gisele's colleagues told her Elije was in the hospital, the woman imagined he came to see her. After a half-hour wait in her office, the woman called the different departments and found herself eavesdropping at Thulile's bedroom door.

One had to be blind not to see the genuine concern the man had but also the feelings. Gisele found herself wondering if Elije had ever looked at her as he did sleeping Thulile.

The doctor's mind raced as she tried to put two and two together without success. From what she gathered, the one interested by Thulile was Julian. So what was Elije doing there? Luckily for Gisele, someone already intended to get answers for her.

"What are you playing at?" Senara asked when he returned home.

The man sighed, "mom, I'm tired. I don't want to talk right now. Morris has probably already filled you in on my itinerary."

"Wasn't the humiliation she inflicted you at her truck enough? You have to go and see her in the hospital where your wife works."

Elije lifted a brow, "it's fiancée. Gisele isn't my wife yet."

Senara couldn't feign to notice how her son emphasized the last words in his sentence. It seemed his body, heart, and soul had not purged Thulile. She smirked and shook her head, "listen to me, Elije."

"No, you listen, mom, I've loved Thulile since I'm a teen. I've never lived up to her expectations, and she, I mean she hasn't even touched your money. I love her integrity. She's humble and not like any woman I've known."

"You fool, don't you understand. Don't you see how your friend Julian is buzzing around her and that foreigner at the engagement? The one who's always with her. What do you think is going on there?" Senara approached and grasped Elijes' face, "son, I'm trying to spare you grief. She will destroy you, Elije. Stay away from her, please."

The frontal approach failed Senara decided to employ a more comforting and motherly stance which appeared to have its effect.

"Good night, mom."

Senara retired to her study and grabbed her phone, "Hello, I need her to spend that moneyㅡeither one, I don't care. ㅡShe needs to be desperate enough to use it."

Another morning dawned for Thulile, who wondered when she could leave the hospital and when Nandi would stop hounding her with this absurd idea.

"The answer is no. I will not live in Lars' house with my brother and gran. It's ridiculous."

"What's foolish is you living somewhere where Kungawo can find you. Thulile, please, you came that close from meeting your parents."

Her gran kissed her teeth, "I can't allow you to see your parents before me. What will your father say?"

The pressure was immense. Thulile still refused to see to the man who came every day, as he did at the truck. Without anything to do, Lars got acquainted with family and friends. He had long and deep conversations with Femi and met Thulile's grandmother.

"He's cool, Thulile."

"Femi, please, you don't know him."

"He's very charming," her gran added.

"Gran, what will people think?"

"Ooh, Thulile, it's now you are thinking about the people. I think the situation surpasses the people's dilemma. It's either that or Julian's solution," Nandi said as she placed her hands on one side to place Lars' solution and then switched to place Julians'.