ICED MOCHA

Elije accompanied Thulile to the Uber, "I'll call you."

The woman wished to ask him when, but the man distracted her by handing her the MARNI package and the cake takeaway.

"Thank you for tonight. It was a dream," Thulile kissed him and got in the Uber.

Claps and whistles welcomed Elije when he entered the house, "man, you are frightening. Look at these goosebumps."

"What?"

Julian shook his head, "did you tell her you're engaged now."

"She doesn't need to know, right now."

"Man, the girl thinks you'll marry her, be honest with her. Thulile doesn't deserve this. She'sㅡ."

Julian stopped; the best scenario was for Elije to drop her. Even if Julian saw himself rejoicing, he refused to see Thulile hurt at the same time.

Elije fell on the couch next to him, "I'll tell her I have no choice and that I don't want to lose her."

"Bruh, you think she'll stay?"

"Of course she will; I raised her. She's too accustomed to me to let another man claim her."

"I know it's not my business, but ehㅡ that girl is sweet. It breaks my heart," Julian said as he pumped and let his chest repeatedly collapse in a dance move.

"Wait, I won't dump her. Where did you find that idea?"

"Then what?"

Elije shrugged, "she'll be my mistress."

"Bruh, you think she'll be down for that?"

"Listen, I can't let her go. That woman's parts areㅡ," Elije swiped a hand across his eyes. "Thulile could make me cry; she's a drug man. Besides, we've been together for so long. I never cheated on her. For my parents, Gisele is a better match. Still, I can't let Thulile go."

"You're crazy; the engagement party is in three weeks. Your fiancee is living with you at your parent's house, and you're are here pressing strawberry. Bruh, I didn't know you were such an operator."

Elije didn't lie, he loved Thulile, but he couldn't marry her. He could not take the risk of losing his privileges and riches. His parents invested too much in his future for him to deceive them.

Elije smiled, "thanks for lending me your room."

"Yeah, well, clean it up and change the spreads. I don't want to be sleeping on your slimy dead soldiers."

"Come on, man, say semen like an adult."

"Hey, I'm not a doctor. Clean my room, and don't forget to open the windows. There's nothing worse than sleeping in jungle fragrance."

In the meantime, Thulile arrived home. A torchlight beamed on her face when she walked inside.

"Is this the time you come in?"

"Kungawo."

"So they were right. You're a prostitute."

"I don't have any explanations to give to you," Thulile answered, slipping off her shoes.

The man sprung from his chair and came to grasp her throat, making Thulile fall against the wall, "pardon. I'm your older brother. You owe me respect. You owe our parents."

"I'm twenty-three. I owe you nothing."

The man squeezed harder; Thulile could no longer retain her saliva that dribbled out. Kungawo slapped her twice across the face, making the woman's head knock on the wall, "aren't you ashamed? Mom and dad are watching you, aren't you ashamed," he said and added another slap.