JIVA LOVER

*Jiva=dance

"Ah, where is my beautiful gogo? Femi here," Nandi handed him a bag of fried chicken and soft drinks.

"What are you doing here, Nandi?" Thulile exclaimed, seeing her friend enter the house like Santa ready to distribute presents.

"I've come to prep you."

Thulile placed her hands on her hips, "for what?"

"I got invited to a rooftop party, and I can bring a few friends. Mabel and Sus will meet us there."

"Nandi, I can't."

With the food truck and the time spent with Lars, Thulile slept while being awake.

"Why? You need to unwind and stop thinking about that tsotsi [no gooder]," Nandi said as she followed her friend to her bedroom.

"I'm not thinking of him. The suffering is there. At the same time, I don't feel anything. I'm in pain, but at the same time, I feel indifferent."

"Thulile, you cried for that man while being with him. You grieved during all those years. He brought you bags, but he didn't offer you the love you deserve. Finally, he got engaged with another woman in your face, and you're surprised not to be sad," Nandi clapped in her hands, "Eish if I catch him, he's dead. Stop giving yourself pointless headaches. You know what you need, a good bounce. Another man to jux you."

Thulile shook her head, "I don't want another love."

"I'm not talking about love but fun, no strings attached. Just body to body, heat to heat," Nandi said and hugged herself to emphasize.

Nandi had the raw language. She was frank and never got played. The woman had this untamed confidence Thulile wished she had. She knew she would get trapped if she tried such games, unlike her friend.

"Nandi, you know I can't do such things."

"Why not? What is holding you back? Nothing. We are hot and pretty Mzansi girls. Sista, let's jiva and watch them gravitate around us like bees."

Thulile sighed and went to shower; she needed a distraction anyway. Dancing was always a good option when one wished to forget.

Nandi then proceeded to do light makeup. Thulile only went out to dance and not to impress. She hated heavy foundations that ended up melting no matter the brand and promises.

A little concealer and powder to absorb the drops of sweat that would venture out. The lips were glossy but in a neutral tint.

Thuile went to open her wardrobe when Nandi grasped by the shoulders and ushered her back to the bed.

"Nandi?"

"Remember the outfits I bought thinking I'd fit them when I lose weight. Well, I didn't lose any, and the thirty days refund time has run out. Your waist is smaller than mine. I'm sure the stuff will fit you. Try these," Nandi shared everything with Thulile as a sister would. One could insult or be mean to her, but they were dead if they dared do anything to Thulile.

If someone asked Thulile what was the best thing she ever did. It was becoming friends with the new girl. Even without making Nandi coffee, Thulile knew she was destined to greatness. Nandi had the aura and the stars aligned to pave the way. Her father had told Thulile some people were born to trailblaze through life. No matter how people tried to destroy them, they would always triumph to accomplish what they were born to do.

Nandi was of the lucky lot, and Thulile knew it was a matter of time before Nandi exploded. She deserved it and more in her friend's opinion.

Nandi frowned, "sista, why are you looking at me like that? I said find a good man, not me."