HOT FUDGE

The man had a sixth sense. Every time Nandi bad-mouthed him, Elije mysteriously appeared.

Thulile even thought of provoking her friend at times, hoping the cosmos would bring the man to her. Seventeen-year-old Thulile didn't know what to think of the boy who continually stared at her when she took the afternoon bus.

Shy, Thulile would look away. She soon understood he took a detour to get on the same bus to go to his basketball lessons after school. The game continued for months until:

"Hey, wait, why are you walking so fast.

It was the first time the boy ever spoke to her.

"Hey, the girl with the black converse. I'm talking to you."

Elije wore a private school uniform. His shoes and backpack were brands, and his speech was impeccable.

What did this rich kid want?

He caught up and grabbed her arm, "I just wanted to tell you. You have beautiful eyes." Elije smiled and let go of her arm, "I'm late, talk to you tomorrow, and please don't ignore me."

From that day, Thulile became the one to ask not to be ignored.

There she waited for him; she scrolled through TikTok. The video of her had many views. Her for you page was full of dance TikToks, people showing life in their country, or coffee quotes.

The drink took up a lot of space in her life, and it seemed it was one of the world's national treasures. Thulile scrolled until she fell upon a photo of a carton cup.

Gatvol [ghut foll].

It was her handwriting. How did her cup end up on TikTok? She was about to go on the person's page when the sound of a car horn startled her. In the attempt to catch her phone, she accidentally pressed the on home, making the image shuffle to the next TikTok.

There was no back button. Thulile could not visit the profile linked to the post.

She had no time to ponder; she advanced to the grey Jaguar I-Pace. The car door opened, and she climbed inside. Thulile knew from the car choice what the man had in mind.

Elije used the SUV for fun outings like going to the beach.

Thulile understood they would be some hard pressing when the luxury car was out. The woman also identified all the stages of the evening:

-Excuses

-Food

-Gift to be forgiven

-Stop by his shared house

-Sex till 2 am

-Uber to take her back as he probably was on a morning rotation at the hospital.

"You scared the shit out of me."

"Eh, I don't smell or see anything dripping."

Thulile shoved him; his profession gave Elije a loose sense of humor. One could talk, poop, pee, vomit, sex without having a horrified response from him.

He eyed her up and down. Elije loved sophistication and offered Thulile clothes that fit his image of a respectable, see-a-wife-able woman.

Five-centimeter high pumps, black Plato pants, a white shirt, and a short weave, Thulile knew the man liked what he saw.

The ripped slim jeans, Nike blazers, bucket hats, and caps had a break when Elije was around. Nandi's skincare and make-up finished the seamless look-off.

Elije leaned and kissed Thulile. The kiss's sensuality affirmed the effect she had on him, "you're too beautiful to be true."

"Then don't wake up."