GOOD LIFE

The five days passed, Lars' passport arrived. The man hurried to buy a new phone, shave his hair. A new man was born, and as if one good news didn't come alone, the start-up he invested in results were promising, and he even saw its value double.

"Good things happen to those who drink the coffee."

Lars' new luck almost had him believing.

"Steven, we should move out," the man announced.

His friend whisked around in his desk chair, "what?"

"I'm tired of playing a hermit. Dalai says he can have us a place in Sandhurst at a reasonable price."

Steven pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, "Lars, I don't want to spend money on that."

"Who says you'll pay. Let me take care of everything. Oh, here, thanks for lending me the money."

Lars was on a roll; he and Steven visited three properties the same day. He settled for one with the longest swimming pool.

"Are you sure you can afford this, Lars?" Steven asked.

His friend was a hedonist, and for Steven, nothing good came from living on excess. Lars, in true Libra fashion, had his balance sway from one side to the other daily. To this, one had to add impulsivity. Lars was too versatile for Steven's subtle nature.

The engineer who met Lars in college pitied the women who fell for him. Fortunately, the hotel episode did some good as Lars kept his Jewels tucked away in his Ck trunks. He contented himself with liking photos of babes on Instagram, videos on TikTok, and he posted videos where he came out of the pool or worked out with Johannesburg as a location.

The man didn't need to spark conversations; his comment section blew up.

-Where are you from?

- Why is your user name Unavailable?

- Do you have a girlfriend?

- Mooi. Mooi 💋💦

- Are you gay?😢😭

- Are you in Johannesburg? I'm in Durban.

- Aantreklike 😍

Thanks to the fusing flattery, Lars rebuilt his confidence mentally and forgot that most women he desired played him like an 80s vinyl.

The player was back with a new setting in his behaviors configuration. He didn't go out. Instead, he held barbecues and parties to get acquainted with the residents in his area and to weave business connections.

"Here's your coffee."

"Cheers, mate," Lars drank, stopped, and did his best to swallow while trying to keep a straight face, but failed. His lips stretched out, and he squinted his eyes.

Steven took a seat across from him, "Is something wrong?"

"Nah, it's strong," Lars said while internally screaming disgusting.

Suddenly, the food truck came to mind. Never had Lars tasted or had such an experience with anything that entered his mouth, whether food, beverage, or Venus' thigh.

"Lars?"

"Yes,"

"What's the matter?"

"Thanks for the coffee."

"You seem distracted. Is it that girl again?"

Lars frowned as he tried to think of whom Steven referred.