Chapter 25 - I Can't Escape

The Next Day

Singapore Indoor Stadium

3pm (Singapore Time)

The stage designed for the Asia Song Festival is complex. On both sides were curved LED screens that wrap around the rectangular LED floor stage, with the centre part of the backdrop having its own vertical rectangular LED screen which goes across the stage floor to form a long LED catwalk. The catwalk connects the main stage to a smaller satellite stage that is also an LED stage. The satellite stage is the gateway for the contestants to walk down to the Green Room, which, together with a large broadcasting station at the back of the Green Room, occupies the ground floor of the Singapore Indoor Stadium. The 9,000 fans who will attend the live show occupy the upper floors of the Stadium.

As Rock Dog entered the stage for their second rehearsal, the backstage crew would spot lead singer Bodi with his own guitar strapped to his back, something that he did not have during the first rehearsal. In fact, rumours were pointing out that Bodi had not appeared with his guitar since Chinese New Year 2025 when he witnessed a badly burnt and scarred Swifty jumping off the Mengcheng General Hospital, days after the rest of Swifty's crew were killed in the car accident.

As soon as the first run of Rock Dog's second rehearsal kicked, the crew at the back of the stage and on the Green Room area of the Stadium would witness Bodi's "Fire" firing from the mastiff's guitar, resulting in a spectacular display of blue fire across the inside of the stadium and Bodi's screaming vocals.

"We'll never change!!!"

That was the energy that Bodi and his band exert at the final part of the first run, and before the band realised it, they witnessed the backstage team clapping and roaring for them. Clearly, Bodi's hunch was right after all as Bodi knelt upon using most of his power. "Maybe... too much," Bodi panted.

Still, even he could not deny this was already better than the whole of the first rehearsal.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Back at Rock Dog's own room at the Stadium, everyone was high-fiving each other over a much successful outing. Grem had his arms over Bodi as the goat sang praises over the mastiff. "My Bodi is back, everyone!"

"Yeah!" the rest of Rock Dog echoed the same sentiment. Bodi was simply chuckling over how well he did on the stage.

"Thanks guys. I thought I wasn't going to touch that thing anymore," Bodi breathe out. "But now, I think I'm finally back with it!"

Darma was taking a call at the corner of the room and she let out a "You serious, Mum? You wanted to invite them?"

"What did he say?" Bodi approached his girlfriend, who was excited and skeptical at the same time.

Darma turned to everyone. "My parents just called. They're inviting us to a private party. It's tomorrow." 'Tomorrow' as in the Thursday. There will be one dress rehearsal and that would start in the late morning, meaning the rehearsal will conclude towards the late afternoon.