Chapter 4 - Kaos

September 2024

SwiftyTV's Mansion

In the Middle of the Night

That night, Swifty had trouble sleeping.

No, it was not the high-grade mattress that affected his back, nor his son's loud snoring in the middle of the bed, and neither Jade's paw touching one of his shoulders. The air-conditioning was operating as intended and there was no rolling thunderstorm that night.

There was something else, but the arctic fox had no idea what was affecting his sleep. He was normally a heavy sleeper, perhaps even heavier than his stepbrother, PB, so there was little to no reason he could not sleep.

Swifty shrugged and rested his back on the bed once more. He took some long, deep breaths before closing his eyes once more.

He woke up.

Swifty found himself in a different world, his eyes still blinking repeatedly so that he could make sense of what he can observe: a psychedelic world of haunting voices.

"James. Oh, James..."

Swifty tried to fend himself off the ghosts surrounding him. "Who's there? Show yourself!" he was screaming, fearful of what was about to come.

"Oh, James. I'm here!"

Swifty turned around and his worst nightmare came true. His divorced father, the one that started it all.

"Hey, Dad," Swifty muttered as tried to approach his dad, but unfortunately, his dad disappeared and appeared behind him.

"Over here, Swifty! You clearly missed your dad, aren't you?" The illusion of his divorced father surrounded him. "You silly boy!"

"I'm. Not. You. Dad!" Swifty screamed back. He had already suffered enough torment back when his father was around, forcing him to work for the corporate world when Swifty felt destined for showbiz. It was him that made the right choice, not his father.

"Well," his father gazed at him. "Very disappointing, my child. And now..."

A tune blasted onto Swifty as Swifty's belt brought out his belt. "You deserved to be punished!"

(Song: "Grow" by Waterflower)

You should watch what you make grow

I can do this on my own