Chapter 14 - Repondez-Moi

January 2025

The Day after MMGP 2025

Rock Dog Mansion

When Darma woke up in Bodi's bedroom the next morning, she rose to discover that Bodi was already awake. The fox, while disappointed over not winning the competition, still had a great time strumming her bass guitar on stage in front of thousands of fans, regardless.

The thought of seeing Bodi worried, however, creeped over her mind while she was sleeping, which explained her tiredness and countless tossing on Bodi's bed. If only she could read his mind more.

After freshening up, she made the bed and head to the kitchen, finding Grem and Trey (in their gym clothes) at the dining table while Ozzy was making breakfast. Ozzy had begun serving the drip coffee it had been brewing in the kitchen.

"Morning, Darma," Grem spoke up. The goat drummer was unusually wide awake, seeing how often he sleepwalks even in the day. "Trey and I just finished our morning workout. How about you?"

"Well, we did our best anyway, and I'm proud of it," Darma replied as Ozzy served her breakfast. "Scrambled eggs and rosti, as you requested."

"Thank you, Ozzy."

Once Ozzy made its exit, the trio were discussing over Swifty's win at MMGP 2025 as well as their performance. Sure, there were those on social media that were admitting Rock Dog should have won, but the three Rock Dog members all agree that Swifty deserved the ASF spot more than them. After all, it was his third time performing at the competition, so it was inevitable he would win someday.

"Also," Trey continued. "Angus is in the hospital. Ian texted us that Angus was undergoing medical checks after he felt unwell. Might be the cancer."

"Probably," Darma nodded. "But definitely the cause. Hey, do you two know where Bodi is? He wasn't in his room this morning."

Grem stopped his coffee upon hearing Bodi's name. "I think I knew where he is. At his usual happy place, I believe..."

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Inside the Rock Dog mansion's basement studio, Bodi, Johnny and Ash had the studio to themselves for the morning. They were supposed to take a well-deserved break, but to them, music never stops.

"Think we can start recording, Johnny?"

"Read your mind, Bodi. Ash, you're ready from up there?"

"Ready to go, guys! Let me know when to record."

Bodi was in charge of the singing, Johnny will play the piano as per usual and Ash (after undergoing training by Ian on operating a recording studio beforehand) will handle the recording. Bodi had written the song meant for Johnny and now, they were going to test out the song.

"I'm not so sure about this," Bodi was unusually nervous. "I've never sung a ballad with such high notes before."