Chapter 18 - Rise

One-and-a-Half Days Later

Rock Dog Mansion

11pm

It was a rash decision, but that had left Darma alone in her own bedroom as she prepared to go to sleep. As soon as Rock Dog and their two bodyguards returned to the mansion after attending the funeral the day before, Bodi hopped into his car and told everyone he needed to go somewhere, before driving off. Darma had to wheel Angus back to his room instead of Bodi, which simply had cost more time before she and the rest of Rock Dog reconvene at the studio.

Before the band drove back to Mengcheng, Auntie Penny announced to everyone that Dakota, Duke's lawyer sister, had read the Will to her that morning. As expected, she planned to honour Swifty's request to sell the mansion away. "I'm leaving this place for good. Mengguo no longer gave me the hopes and dream now that Swifty and Perry's gone," she told everyone.

"So, what happens now?" Darma was quick to ask.

Auntie Penny and Jeremy were holding on to urns containing Swifty's and PB's ashes, respectively. "Jeremy will start school in Singapore, and I'll continue working there. After all, my secondment to my company's office has been approved, and my siblings owned a large mansion. It's a perfect place for Jeremy. There's also one more thing I have to give to you."

Auntie Penny used her feet to push a box to Rock Dog. "Inside are some of Swifty's stuff from his room, and I think this could help a lot in writing your song for the competition. I simply wish you good luck in your journey, and may my sons rest in peace."

The band had yet to open the box, however. Instead, they stored it inside the recording studio as the band decided what to do without Bodi around, but Darma had the best option.

"Let him be himself, guys. I think he had suffered enough after the past few days," Darma explained her solution. "I just hope he doesn't do anything rash right now..."

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

The Next Morning

Bodi's Village, Snow Mountain

8am

Even when it was chilly outside at close to 16 degrees Celsius, Bodi's parents had been observing the mastiff meditating cross-legged for so long without stopping. Ever since his sudden arrival yesterday evening, Bodi had not interacted with his family once and told them to lave him alone.

"How long has Bodi been meditating?"

"One hour, my dear. One. Freaking. Hour. He never meditates for over 30 minutes, Karli!"

While Bodi's parents were watching on from the window, Jun was having breakfast on his own, not realising his brother was meditating hard outdoors in the bitter cold.

"You know what, Karli? I'll join him," Khampa opened the front door. He did not need his walking stick as Bodi's father sat down next to him and joined in the meditation. They used to have a grudge together, but by the time Bodi became a proper rock star, he had softened his grudge towards his father.