Chapter 3 - Young

September 2024

On the Roads in Mengcheng

4pm

The Hyundai Tucson was one of the two cars YouTuber James "Swifty" Swift owns (the other being a larger Nissan Serena) as the car arrived at the Mengcheng Toll Plaza, having spent the last three weeks filming for the variety show "Daddy, Where Are We Going?" with his four-year-old son Jeremy. The father-son duo had contacted Jade (Swifty's wife) that he was on his way home.

Only when the gates to Mengcheng opened on them that they agreed it was time for a celebratory song, and Jeremy knew what song he wanted to play.

"Come on, what song of mine is it?" Swifty's eyes were on the road.

"This one!" Jeremy touched the infotainment screen and out came a Swifty song. Swifty was also a decent musician.

Upon hearing the first beat, Swifty chuckled. That was exactly what he ordered. After all, you do not earn 3 million subscribers and a decent music career without going through the journey thick and thin.

(Song: "Fatti Avanti Amore (Come Forward, My Love)" by Nek. Song translated to English from Italian)

We do have legs to take a step

To find us lost, get closer and then

We do have a mouth to kiss each other

Or better say, to taste each other

If we were born crying

Maybe there is a meaning for every suffering

I am ready to live, I look at you and I know why

We are made to love in spite of us

We have two arms and a heart

This is all you will have from me

Come forward, my love

As the car entered the highway, Swifty thought back to his ordinary life, growing up with his mother in a little town called Beidongshan. He would never think of having an adopted brother, creating stupid YouTube skits, performing music, having a girlfriend who became his wife, giving birth to a son and above all, making a movie to clear his university degree.

The car exited from the highway and entered the streets below.

We do have hands to grab each other

Spinning together like clockworks and then