Chapter 15 - The Sound of Silence

Mengcheng General Hospital

Hospital Suite A

At Around the Same Time

While Bodi and the rest of Rock Dog watched on Swifty from outside of the ICU room, upstairs, their former member, Angus, was one floor up inside one of the six hospital suites. The suite boasts a separate living room that housed a top-grade television screen with a cable set-up box, a sofa set with a complementary coffee table and a kitchenette with a bar fridge. The bed itself had a great outdoor view of downtown Mengcheng.

Angus had lost most of his hair, reducing it to an almost bald patch on his head. He had left the Indoor Stadium early as he was suffering constant pain in his liver area and now the cat was awaiting the results. Being alone in his suite (Ian had returned to his label office) was in Angus's own words 'a pain in the arse'.

As the cat was resting on his bed, noting the sounds of his vitals displaying across the various monitors surrounding his bed, the door to his suite opened and in comes his doctor, the one that was recommended to in Singapore last year.

Dr Kim might be a grizzly bear, but he is one of the nicest doctors in the hospital. Being in charge of the cancer department had built up his empathy towards cancer patients, but even so, to serve a former rock legend and mentor to Rock Dog is making him nervous.

Dr. Kim cleared his throat. "Good afternoon, Mr Scattergood. How are you so far?"

"Meh," Angus felt nothing. "But at least I'm still kicking, Dr Kim."

Dr Kim read out the report detailing Angus's liver cancer. "I'm afraid your liver cancer has gone to Stage 3. It's been eating up your system, but at least the chemo's going to slow the spread for now."

Angus sighed for a moment as he and Dr. Kim watched the snow descending gracefully onto the streets below.

"Thanks for taking care of me since last night, Doctor. I haven't been in a great shape since last year and now, I feel like I betrayed my band."

"Oh, don't think negatively, Angus!" Dr. Kim now addressed the rock star by his first name. "I'm doing my part in ensuring you cope with your pain. Besides, we're trying to secure a liver transplant for you."

For the first time that day, Angus was smiling. "Thanks for doing everything you can, Dr. Kim."

"I'll leave you here for now, Angus. And by the way, I'm not so sure whether it was relevant, but your whole band's downstairs."

That news alarmed Angus. "Why are they here?"

"Well... it's regarding what happened last night, Angus..."

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Three Days Later

Near Mengcheng General Hospital