Chapter 16 - Chasing Cars

Chapter Disclaimer

Heads up! This chapter is honestly one of the toughest chapters I ever written because, honestly, it's the most emotionally drained chapter of this book, maybe even the Mengcheng Dreaming series. This chapter will contain content that may or will be unsuitable for those below 16. Yes, this is NC16.

Do read this chapter at your own risk! I will also have more words to say at the end of the chapter. In the meantime, enjoy chapter 16 of this story "Chasing Cars". See you at the end!

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Late-January 2025

The Next Day

Mengcheng General Hospital

Fortunately, the stab wound Bodi sustained was not serious enough to endanger him. In fact, the mastiff, while on his bed inside his ward, was going through the administrative process of discharging.

As the doctors treated Bodi while Johnny and Dr Kim restrained Swifty after that incident, Bodi used his "Fire" to speed up his healing process (this was one of the tricks he picked up from his "Fire" training with his dad), so by the time the doctors finished treating, Bodi had used enough "Fire" to heal his wound, and it went so well there was not even a scar to show where the stab wound was. Still, the doctors advised him to stay in the hospital for the night.

"Ok," a female nurse arrived at Bodi's bed and smiling at him. "You're good to go now, Bodi!"

"Thanks," Bodi felt relieved for the first time in 16 hours, and even while left alone, he felt like his band was with him. Or so he thinks.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Once Bodi returned to the mansion, Darma was there to hug him at the front door. "Bodi..." Darma felt grateful he was alive.

"I told you Darma, I'll be alright. It's not a serious injury, anyway."

"You've worried everyone. What happened if Swifty stabbed you fatally?"

"Relax, Darma. At least you're hugging me now."

Darma could not get enough of Bodi's dry humour as Bodi moved inside. "Right, we got a song to make, and I think I have one in my mind."

Minutes later, Bodi and the rest of Rock Dog reunite inside the studio to record another potential song for the Asia Song Festival. Everyone had told him not to overexert himself, but Bodi assured everyone that he was feeling fine after spending a day in the hospital.

"Right, let's get this recording done and we can rest for the rest of the day," Bodi got Ozzy, the robot butler, to record the song for them as he joined the rest of the band on the studio stage. Again, since Trey and Ash's guitars were more than enough, he planned not to play his.

Without saying a word, Ozzy pressed the recording button as Rock Dog began another recording session, this time a song written and conceptualised by the mastiff himself.