Chapter 23 - You Have to Believe This Isn't the Last Day

End-April 2025 (The Next Day)

The Ritz-Carlton Millennia Singapore

10.30am

Executive-in-Charge Paris got to work immediately tomorrow morning, covering everything Rock Dog needed to know without bombarding them with too much.

"We've gone through our staging, the costumes, everything. It's going to be similar to what we planned in March and now, I think we should be good to go," the impala summarised the meeting to the Rock Dog members. "Oh, and uh, we have the opening ceremony tomorrow. That means..."

"We're going shopping?" Ash made an intelligent guess.

"That's right, Ash! We're going shopping in the afternoon. Even though we can relax until next week, once the rehearsals kick in, it's all paws on deck, alright?"

In actuality, the Rock Dog members, being experienced in preparing and rehearsing for live performances and concerts for a long time, already knew what they had to do, its is just that they still need to show respect to the executive-in-charge by listening attentively.

"Right," Paris clapped her paws. "Let's get to work!"

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Darma was still showering even after 10 minutes. She needed time to think not just about her parents and Bodi, but also about someone else. Washing the soap off her in the rain shower room, the fox worried over one more mammal: her cousin, and not just any cousin, The Sam Willows lead singer Benjamin Kheng.

Arguably, The Sam Willows had a popularity as one of the hottest music groups in Southeast Asia and even when they broke up, Benjamin (and his sister Narelle to a certain extent) continued improving his song-writing craft and became one of Singapore's most prolific songwriters and singers. When he announced the reunion of the band for the Asia Song Festival, the odds of Singapore winning the competition again skyrocketed.

"Darma! Are you done?" She heard her boyfriend asking her from outside. She snapped out of her worry regarding Benjamin and returned to her showering. That would have to wait.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Orchard Road

2.30pm

(Song: "Saor (Disappear)" by Maiú Levi Lawlor)

The Rock Dog members, together with Paris, went on a shopping spree on the famous Orchard Road shopping strip. While Paris and her delegation had already prepared the clothes Rock Dog will wear for the festival, it was what they had to wear for tomorrow's opening ceremony that was on Paris's mind. However, she had done her research.

She knew that the Rock Dog members, unlike most bands, do not wear flashy and expensive clothes and instead opt for smart casual all the way. That crosses out the expensive boutiques, which would ease the ASF budget for sure. In fact, Paris directed the band to the likes of Uniqlo, H&M and the like for the shopping. To her, she considered taking care of Rock Dog as an investment to cash in.