SEVEN CHAPTERS LATER

Hi,

Welcome to this new story; it wasn't planned. This draft is 11 days old. 

A reader asked me if I could write about this character.

I accepted the challenge.

One because the character is an antagonist despite himself, and two because I wanted to see how I would write the story of a character everyone despises.

I'm building this as I'm going along, and I'm enjoying the process. When I have an idea, I don't like to say I'll come back to it. I prefer to batter the story while the plot is bubbling. I'm just setting the scaffolds here. I don't know how the MC will end up, but I pray he makes it to the end.

I've written seven chapters, and I thought to myself, some people might be new readers. They are unfamiliar with the characters since they haven't read Sierra's Leone. They might need to be warned about the eventual spoilers.

So, this story is a spin-off with a character from Sierra's Leone. Rebel Grained can be read as a standalone, but I do advise you (I want you to check it out) to read that first. 

Honestly, it's not just to promote Sierra's Leone, but this plot will make more sense if you've been there. 

Concerning the themes, I'm an old-timer. I write new adult/adult fiction. So here's a list of the shenanigans you'll come across:

Finance and other money issues

Alcohol

Coffee

Alcoholism

Domestic violence

Coffee

Sex

Food

Complicated relationships

Coffee

Foolishness

Sickness

Backstabbing

Coffee

Death

Parenthood

Oh, the L O V E

and of course Coffee

The story is set in South Africa (I love leaving the french borders), and you'll have some episodes in other countries. I'm not South African. I invite natives or South African residents to point out anything creating confusion or misinterpretations about the people, culture, or country.

Rebel Grained is an opportunity to introduce South African Amapiano music which I love and wish more people discover.

  Afrobeats are popular in France with HipHop, etc. I incorporate sounds from everywhere in stories. Here you'll have the music I've been listening to recently and other artists like Oxlade, Lax, and many more.

I hope you enjoy the story.

Take care