Special: Infinite Tsukuyomi Pt.2

Shikarei
Dreaming 12 years into the future

I sighed as I stared at the ceiling.

The roof was slightly unfamiliar to me. A different house but even so it felt comfortable and warm.

"Are you awake, love?" a familiar voice caught my attention, I turned over to see Itachi leaning in the doorway, he had his arms crossed and he looked really happy. He was wearing a simple dark blue shirt and some black bottoms.

He walked over and sat on the empty half of the bed I was lying in.

"Yeah," I nodded as I went to sit up but instead he flopped down next to me and dragged me into his chest, letting out a sigh, "uh-- what's going on?"

"What? Am I not allowed to hug my wife?" Itachi asked, pulling away slightly and staring at me with a small frown, "are you OK?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. And of course, you're allowed to hug your wife," I said as I sat down and looked around, "where is she?"

"I can't tell if you're joking or not," he grumbled as he put his hands over his face before peeking at me through his fingers.

"I am," I smiled, well I'm not but I'm just going to go with it, even if this situation seems really weird. He smiled and dragged me back down again.

Didn't Itachi die? How is he here now?

"I don't want to move," Itachi grumbled, "but you have to go to be a council representative for the next kage. Kakashi is stepping down, he wants to appoint Naruto. You were invited as a third-party decision."

I was?

I'm confused?

Is this the power of the tsukuyomi?

How bizarre.

"I do need to get up," I said as I pushed myself up again and slipped out of the bed, "What're you going to do today?"

I glanced over my shoulder to him, and he smiled.

"I'm taking Fukua out," he smiled as he watched me change.

It feels weird.

"Can you stop that please?" I asked, shooting him a glare as I went to pull my shirt off.

"Stop what?" he asked with a fake innocence.

"Staring," I stated, shooting him an irritated look.

"I'm not staring, I'm gazing at my beautiful wife," he said as he got up and walked behind me. He slipped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek, rocking us slightly as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you," he muttered, "so much... And thank you for fighting so hard so that I could live here with you and Himari."

I smiled and looked to him.

"No. Thank you for living this long," I said as I turned around, placing my hands on his cheeks and smiling, "I don't know what I'd do without you, Ita."

I pecked his lips before going to move away but he grabbed my wrists again and pulled me in, pressing his lips against mine in a longer, deeper kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in as close as I could, and he stepped back before we both dropped down on the bed.

His hands went up to my hips as he rolled us over.

Wait-- I just remembered I'm supposed to be doing something.

I pressed my hands up against his chest and parted us, both gasping for air.

"I..." I started, "really have to go, Itachi."