||78||

I was walking past Ichiraku when I see a mess of pink, blonde and red and grin.

"Hey!" I shouted, jumping on Ren and Choro, they all look to me and smile.

"You're home!" they all exclaimed, I nodded.

"Hey, Teuchi! My usual please," I looked to the old man, he gave me a thumbs up and began working as I took a seat beside Inoiché, "how's it going?"

"Good," Inoiché nodded.

"That's a big ol' lie," Choro shook his head, "Inoiché's class don't respect him enough, so his teaching isn't working."

"And you told Ren off for being a push over," I shook my head. Inoiché rolled his eyes.

"They're just... difficult to deal with," he grumbled.

"Hima will be joining the academy now we're back," I announced, "though they may not put her in your class because she calls you an uncle so personal relationships and all that jazz."

"Yeah, I can see how that'd work," Inoiché nodded.

"Naruto and Inoiché are always visiting Ren in the hospital," Choro said, "I heard him say 'Inoiché, Naruto, I really enjoy your company but how do you keep doing this to yourselves, huh?' almost every time. It was brilliant."

"Aw man, I missed that?" I asked with a teasing chuckle.

"How was your trip?" Ren asked, leaning forward.

My eyes widened as I saw his face covered in wounds and blood, his eyes almost lifeless.

I blinked a few times and shook my head, trying to clean my mind of what the heck I just saw, when I opened my eyes again he was back to normal.

Weird...

"It was fun, well, kind of. Kiara worked my eyes to the death and because Himari has unlocked her sharingan the others were teaching her how to use it," I told them, "it was rather exhausting."

"She unlocked her sharingan?" Choro asked, "when?"

"When she was kidnapped," I replied, biting my lip sadly as my food was put in front of me. I began to eat.

"Oh man... It was really traumatic for her, huh?" Ren asked, a frown glued to his face, "oh well, at least she knows how to use her power. Maybe it'll be less of a hatred fuel for her."

"Maybe, maybe," I nodded, "aw man Teuchi your ramen seems to get better and better every bite! I miss this food!"

Teuchi smiled.

"I'm glad you still enjoy it," he replied.

"You are my favourite chef. I'm always going to enjoy it," I replied, "Choro is obviously second best."

"Hell yeah! I out rule papa!" Choro cheered childishly as we finished eating and paid before getting up and walking out.

"You know what, guys," I looked up, they all watched me, "I think I'm ready to start going on missions again."

"Seriously?" Choro asked, I nodded, "Hell yeah! Ino Shika Ren Cho are back at it!"

Ren coughed and Inoiché rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Then it dawned on Choro and suddenly his happy expression dropped.

"Sorry, Shika Cho," he corrected himself. I smiled and patted his back.

"Why don't we ask if we can form a squad?" I asked, "it might be fun. And we're elite jounin, we can lead chunin teams."

He looked at me and grinned.

"Fantastic idea!" he exclaimed, "let's go now!"

He grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the Hokage tower again where Tsunade was now sat at a desk outside.

"Lady Tsunade!" Choro shouted as we ran over to her, "we have a request!"

"A request?" she asked looking at us curiously. We finally stopped running and stopped in front of her desk.

"We would like to create a team of chunin," I told her, "because I'm ready to go back on missions but there's only myself and Choro who are able to do missions regularly now that Ren is in the hospital and Inoiché is a teacher."

She hummed in thought.

"Sounds like an idea," she nodded, "I'll get back to you on that. I'll form a team for you both... When I have an office that is."

"Thanks," we both smiled at her before turning and walking away.

"Guess what," Choro looked to me, I shrugged in response, "I'm going to throw a birthday party for Himari."

"Really?" I asked, "she'd love that. I'm sure."

"I'm glad," he nodded, "her birthday is in a three weeks. So, I'm starting to plan now."

I smiled.

"I can't wait to see what you come up with."

°🥢°

"I'm home!" I announced, walking into the house, and flopping down on the sofa, "man today was a wild day."

"I can imagine," Ma smiled, walking in with Himari asleep in her arms, "I'll be back in a few minutes, just putting Himari to bed."

I nodded and watched as she walked away with Himari snuggled up in her arms.

"She's exhausting," Shikamaru walked in with Pa. They both flopped down in the sofa on either side of me.

"She ran us tired until she was too tired to go," Pa sighed, I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, she's a ball of energy," I nodded as Shikamaru's head hit my shoulder, I looked down to see him knocked out cold and then looked up to see Pa in a similar state. I smiled and closed my eyes as well. I'm not going to be moving any time soon, might as well get comfortable.