Chapter 72

Written: November 12, 2020

Boom! Triple update 😩 I just really wanna end this book so I can start book 2, but I guess it'll take more than 5 chapters 🤡

¶×¶×¶×¶×¶×¶

-3rd Person-

Kakashi gently lays Mizuki down on the familiar doubled deck as Naruto quietly holds a thick folded blanket that the boat have supplied them with. Placing her head on top of the thick pillow as he removes his arms away from the sleeping girl.

They've arrive at the boat after ten minutes of walking, immediately spotting the captain of the boat, talking with his newly found friends.

It's now currently between 3 and 4 in the morning as the village continues to let out joyful screams of happiness, celebrating the freedom and the return of their so called king. With the whole team still confused on why the village is celebrating the return of bad person.....

Kogaine is a bad person....right?

Of course none of them knew about his past and they focused more on the present. But, we should let that slide now...the mission is finally over...right? It's over?

With Sasuke fixing his things on the bed across Naruto and Mizuki's, he keeps on glancing at the asleep red head in worry and fear, fear that they'll lose her in any moment.

There's no time to waste, they have to hurry up and quickly go back to Konoha as early as possible, and hope the Tsunade is available or even in the village. She should be there. She's the the only person that can can help Mizuki live, unless there's someone else who can take Tsunade's place and remove the poison out of Mizuki before it ends her.

"I'll go and let the captain know that we're all here and ready" Kakashi quietly announces, letting his team know but at the same time, not wake Mizuki up. Standing up from his kneeling position, he makes his way out of the sleeping cabin, leaving the rest of the team so they can get ready to sleep.

There was a small silence inside the room as the kids watch their mentor leave, hearing the door click close, Naruto let's out a very tired yawn as he removes his thick orange sweater, revealing a black shirt just under it.

Sakura silently sits on the upper part of the double deck, her legs swinging by the edge as she quietly fluff her pillow and unrolling her blanket.

The silence was almost awkward and defeating, as if someone wants to talk but couldn't  becausd of the tension inside the room.

Why wouldn't it be awkward though? Right? It's not like there's Sakura who attempted to kill her own teammate, Mizuki who is about to lose her own life due to the poison, Sasuke who is trying to keep in the secret. And there is Naruto, finding out on what will happen to his sister by accidentally waking up in the worst timing.

So much happened in this mission, even if it was just a two week mission, it's as if it's already been an entire month from all the things that had happen.

"....Nice weather?" Naruto quietly starts in a question, awkwardly trying to initiate a conversation.

".... Just go to sleep" Sasuke groans out with an eye roll as he looks at Naruto with bored and tired eyes, making the older Uzumaki to roll his eyes in return as he lays himself down beside his sleeping sister.

"Whatever, you're so boring" Naruto says with a groan before pulling his sleeping little sister closer to him, slowly closing his eyes to finally sleep after all the things that has happened tonight.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-Mizuki-

Lightly turning my pody to get a better sleeping positio---- sleeping position?