D

*trigger warning at the beginning of the next paragraph*

D A M ON

. .

It was never my purpose of destroying lives. I never meant to be evil.

I was once a good person. Everyone loved me. I was adored, instead of being hated. I was the good guy. I was good for everyone.

I was kind and loving. I honestly forgot the feeling of what it was like to be loved. I always did the good thing, I always defended the good ones, I encouraged everyone to help each other.

But things change, right?

The love slowly turned into hatred, the light I once lived in became darkness.

I became the darkness. I even got a new name. Satan. I got a lot of names as time passed by. The warmth I had, had become cold, but the one thing that wasn't taken from me was my beauty.

But that changed too, my eyes that shone love and kindness turned cold and distant. All the love vanished. I became the Devil. The father of the lies, sinners, and demons.

The ruler of Hell.

Or Destruction, as they say in that awful place called Heaven.

I became evil, sly, sadistic... a serpent. What once was good turned bad. Instead of encouraging people to do good things, I became that little Devil sitting on their shoulders whispering in their ears to do horrible things.

I convinced them to rape people, to murder, and kill themselves. But some of them don't listen to me. They turn to that man above the clouds called God. They say that he helps them. That's bullshit.

And that oh so mighty God learned them to hate me. To despise me. Because all I do is bad. I'm a monster. He says that I destroy everything. That I deserve what happened to me. So that's what I do. I give them what they want.

They wanted a monster, I gave them one. And I started to believe that's all true. That I am indeed the monster. That I'm bad.

But that changed when I met her.

Before

Before

Sighing, I look at the scene in front of me. I came to earth because I was bored. What I didn't know was that this was also boring.

I watch as the man slaps the woman and hisses that she should be quiet. I cross my arms and lean against the wall, waiting for action. This is not interesting. He's undressing her, ripping her shirt off while she struggles against him.

'Make her shut up,' I say, even though they can't hear me. He slaps her again, shutting her up, and continues to roam his filthy hands over her body.

I don't know why he chose her. She isn't that pretty, but as I watch how her plump breasts spill out of that tiny bra I come to understand him. He gropes her, while she just whimpers in pain.