verse twenty-three

"You did what?" Steve yells at me, both his hands in his hair. We're standing outside Damon's house, on the porch, and I just told them about what happened when I was out with 'Audrey'.

The eyes of all Souls are as wide as saucers.

"But really, I can explain," I say. "As you should," Celine says with venom in her voice. I send her a glare before I focus back on Daphne and Steve. They look at me with disbelief in their eyes, and it hurts me of the lack of trust they have in me.

"Just listen. Satan was pretending to be Audrey, I swear, and had no idea. Believe me," I beg. They look at me, not really convinced. I sigh frustrated and rake a hand through my hair.

"Come on! I'm an Angel, aren't I? I would never lie."

Well, that's partly a lie.

But I would never lie about something like that. With a hopeless look in the eyes, I watch how they exchange looks.

Daphne and Nate seem to believe me, but it looks like Steve isn't convinced. I close my eyes and make a vow. I will get Audrey out of here, even if it costs my life.

"I'm out of here," I mumble, not wanting to spend some more time with Souls that don't even believe me.

"Angelina! Angelina wait, please!" I hear Daphne yell while I march off Damon's porch. I turn around and raise a brow at her.

"What?" I ask her.

"I believe you, but what are you going to do now?" she asks with a frown.

"Get help," I say before I stretch my wings and fly away.

When I arrive at the big building where the wolves hide behind, I'm out of breath

I walk to the edge and look around me, in search of Moonlight.

No result.

Sighing, I fly to the ground, and silently wonder what the wolves would do if I'd fall on the ground, and be dead. Would they just stare at me, and ignore my dead body? Or would they eat me?

I cringe at the thought of Moonlight eating me.

"Katharina."

I look around and see movement in the bushes. As I look closer I see his black tail and I wonder why he's always hiding in the bushes. I smile and walk over to him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too," I grin.

"Hello."

I shake my head and smile at the ground. I decide to go directly to the point.

"I need your help."

"What's going on?"

"Satan's got Audrey in the dungeon, and I want your help with getting her out."