verse thirty-three

"What kind of clothes are you wearing?" I hear Audrey whisper to me. She's pointing to the black clothing I'm wearing.

I grin at her.

"The clothes I wear to rescue you," I tell her. I've missed her so much. I hold on tight to her, afraid that if I let go she would disappear.

Without any problems, we reach the front door and get out. I hear Audrey breathe out in relief.

"You're going to fly again," I tell Audrey with a smile.

Her eyes light up, and I grab her under her knees and back. When I fly away, I hear her gasp for air.

"Wow," she whispers. It feels good to hold her again, to see her pink hair. It feels like ages since the last time I saw her.

"Ouch," I say when I feel a pang go through my back. It starts itching again.

What's up with my back? I scrunch my nose up from the pain.

"Are you okay?" I hear the soft voice of Audrey ask. I look down and see she's staring at me with a frown. I plaster a smile on my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You shouldn't worry about me. Just a little headache from the hangover," I lie. I don't want her to worry about me when she is in a bad state.

She nods and looks back at the view I offer her by flying. I notice some bruises on her skin and bad wounds.

This is all my fault. I should've known that it was Damon that day.

After a while, we arrive at her apartment and go upstairs. She takes a deep breath when we stand in front of her door.

"Are you ready?" I whisper at her. She looks at me and smiles.

"It's just weird to be back in my apartment. I'll be home again," she whispers to me. I nod understandingly.

"We can also take a walk if you want some fresh air?"

She shakes her head. "I'm ready for it."

With that being said I open the door, and I help her inside. I'm afraid that as soon as I set her down, she'll crumble. 

When we enter the living room, and the others notice her, they jump up and run over to Audrey.

"Oh my fuck, Audrey. I've missed you so much!" Daphne cries and I see her eyes turning glossy. I set Audrey down and she walks over to her friends.

"I've missed you guys too," Audrey sobs and pulls all three into a hug. "You're safe now, you don't have to be afraid, anymore. Everything's fine," Daphne says. I notice Audrey being dirty.

Her legs are barely covered by some tiny shorts and her arms are covered in bruises and dried blood.

"Audrey, you need to shower," I say. They all look my way and watch how I walk towards Audrey.

"I'm going to get the others, to tell them the news," Nate says and starts heading towards the door.

"Who are the others?" I ask of curiosity. "You know, our group. Celine, Thomas, Brett, Margot..." he says. I stiffen.

"Margot?" I whisper. He frowns. "Yeah, I'll be right back."

Before I can protest, he's out of the door. Audrey notices my uneasiness.

"What has happened?" she asks. I look at her and smile. "Nothing, I'll tell you everything when you're all freshened up," I say.

"Okay," she says and nods.

"Katharina."

I look away when I hear Moonlight's voice. Not much later, the door is being opened by a big, black wolf. Everyone takes a couple of steps back, to the corner of the living room. While I do the opposite.