Breakdown

"What do you want?" Manager-nim asked me. We were stiting at the cafeteria. The members had their lunch while I was in the meeting. So now I have to quickly finish my food and catch up with the schedule.

"A sandwich will do."

He waited for a while before saying.
"Okay then 2 sandwich for you. Anything else?"

I was about to correct him but his expression told me he did it knowingly. He has done this a few times before to make me eat properly.

"No."

He goes to get the order and come backs with a food tray.
"Thanks" I say as he hands me my sandwiches.
I unwraps the cover clumsily as I can't wait to have it. As I take the first bite, the cheese melts in my mouth, the veggies crunch between my teeth and I exhale all the stress out.
Manager has a soup for himself which he is waiting to get lukewarm so he can start eating.
I pass my other sandwich to him.
"You can have a bite if you want."

"Don't try to trick me, you have to eat both of them."

"I am not tricking you or anything, and for your information I rarely share my food."

"Okaay.....but the soup will be enough for me." He assured me.

"What's in my schedule next?" I say before filling my mouth with another bite.

"Umm.." he checks through his phone.
"Telling me what's on your mind?"

The words left my jaw twisted.
"Seriously, I don't want to have another meeting. Can we please not do this today?"

"Y/n~"

"Have I ever been late to any task, have I ever lacked at my practice, or been a problem to you, if yes then please tell me. I will hear it out without being offended but please don't ask such hypothetical questions."

"I know you try to give your best to the company but I am asking you as a friend, if there's anything you want to get of your chest, you can tell me."

"Hm...but can I know my schedule?"

"You are free for the day."

"Thank Goodness!"
"What about the boys?"

"They too will be in an hour."

I wipe my hand off the tissue
"Tell them I am at the dorm"
I say as I put back my chair at it's place and walk away from the table.
"Let me drop you"

"Don't worry I will take the alley,
no fans there." I say turning towards the exit.

I was strolling to my way back to dorm. I lifted my up at the sky to see no sign of sun rays, just gloomy clouds leaving me behind. Today's meeting made the dreamy weather seems foreshadowing.
'I want to drink coffee.'
The thought jumped in my mind.

I felt a sensation on my shoulder, then a tiny droplet fell on my nose. I stretched my head back at the sky to see some more droplets aiming at me.
I removed my backpacks off the shoulder and used it to cover my head while running to reach home before it rains heavily.

"AAH!" I cried as I stumbling across a rock and fell on my knees. Nobody was in site to witness my fall. I got up on my feet as I hissed from pain. I dusted my hand and my backpack while the sky was crying for me. I cursed and kicked the stone for being in my way as I felt helpless.
I pressed my bag to my chest while the water dripped down my face and hair. I made to the building with my wet hanging face. I lost the energy to climb the stairs but the thought of smell of hot coffee kept me alive.

Without changing my clothes and wasting a minute, I head for the kitchen as soon as I reach home. Though I get the floor wet, I can't care anything else but making myself something to change my mood.
I opened the lid and sniff to see my the milk is still good and pour out it content in the utensils with instant coffee powder and some sugar.
'Now we wait.'

I tuck my wet hair behind my ear before I spill my things out of the damp bag on the couch.
I turned on my screen to see a messages from the boys.

Hobi: Where did you ran off to after practice?

Joonie: It's lunch time. Where are you? We are waiting for you in the cafeteria.

Tae: Do you know where's Manager hyung? I need to talk to him.

I read them one by one.

"Issues you need to take
care of...
issues.... ɪssᴜᴇs... ᵢₛₛᵤₑₛ"

'You are an issue'

"Can you explain...."

"You weren't cooperative...."

"...the reason..ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ....ₜₕₑ ᵣₑₐₛₒₙ"

"Do you need anything Y/n?" A female voice spoke.

An ardent smell brought me back to reality. I inhale the air again soon realising the source of it.
"No! No! NOoo!

I dash to switch off the stove. I tilted the ware to see not a single trace of any liquid but black substance. I brought it under the running tap of the sink and the steam filled the kitchen making my cough.

Once everything was cooled down, I took the scrub and soap in my hands.
"Jin will make dinner out of me today."

I got down to the business. I clenched my teeth at every scour as I wished for it to clean out before everyone reached home. After minutes of labor, I was still at square one.
As my hands moved across the utensil, I spotted a ripple in the water and then a second tear dropped down.

'I just wanted a f*cking coffee. Just a cup of coffee'
I was angry, just angry.
My hands slowed down eventually. I felt my body telling my to stop. I squated down burying my head in my knee. My shoulder lurched up and down as I tried to stop the water from my eyes.
The only sound of flowing tap echoing in the dorm made me feel lonely.
"I want a coffee." I said between my sobs.
I couldn't have control over my thoughts, they roamed instead my head like a carousel. I wanted my brain to stop working for once.

Beep. Beep. Beep

I stood up wiping my face as fast as I could.

"What. the. hell?" Jin said laying his eyes across the dorm.

"Noona, why are you still drenched?"
Jungkook said looking at me.

"Aigoo....Its seems like a hurricane visited our dorm." Yoongi said skipping through the wet floor.

"Y/n itself ....I mean, Noona itself is a hurricane." Jimin scoffed while I stood there like a statue.

But then I bolted into the room before anyone could catch what I was doing, locking it behind me as I heard Jin say
"Oh my god! What happened in the kitchen, Y/N!!"

'Why did I locked myself into their room.'
I hit my head at my silliness.

I opened the door without making a noise.
I saw members still scanning around and took it as a chance to escape to bathroom.

"Noona?" Taehyung said as he caught me tip toeing to the bathroom.

'Why did you have to say it out loud, taehyung?'

I saw Jin sifting his gaze towards me and I ran like the wind and shutted the bathroom door with a thud.
They banged the door multiple times.

"Y/n! I will break the door if you didn't came out in five seconds." Jin said

"Hyung, what are you saying?" I hear Namjoon's voice.

"Y/n~" Namjoon called me in a calm tone.
"Please open the door, we won't say a thing to you."

"I don't think she has locked herself from the fear of getting scolded" I heard Yoongi from a distance.

"Noona? Please come out." Taehyung said.

I ignored their conversation as I sat there draping my arms around my legs, derealization consuming me.

Author's note

The chapter was intended to depict how we have a breakdown on small things going wrong but the root of it is a mixture of many things.

It's ok to cry over small things, your body just need to let out the things you have stuffed beyond it's limit.

Edit: Thanks y'all! The story reached 1k views! 💜💜💜