Useless

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO DO A SURGERY?? SHE WAS FINE JUST TEN MINUTES AGO!" Jin exclaimed in the hospital's silent corridor.

"Apparently, it seems that she had swallowed adhesive. We need to operate before it reaches her stomach."

"Okay doctor, please go ahead with the procedure." Manager-nim said.

"Please fill the consent form at the reception." The doctor said.

"I'll go fill the form quickly and inform the company" saying this manager left the boys.

"Swallowed adhesive? She's not 5 to put glue in her mouth." Suga said folding his hands and leaning against the wall.

"I know, right? And she was with us this whole time." Namjoon said.

"We were having fun just moments ago, what the hell happened." Jimin who was sitting in the chair spoke in a low voice while keeping his eyes at the white floor.

It was obvious, Jimin was most affected when something happens to Y/n. But today Taehyung sitting besides him too seemed to be joining in him in the despair.
Jungkook's worry was seen in his bitten nails and Jin thought time would pass quickly if he paced in front of the operation room.

"Don't you'll think that it's all because of the juice she had in the restaurant? I mean, that girl acted pretty weird." Jungkook suddenly broke the silence.

This was very much obviously for Taehyung from the moment the girl threw the glass. But he didn't wanted to put it in word nor listen from anybody. Thoughts were running in his mind with a speed of light and Jungkook noticed his stressed face.
"Are you okay, hyung?"

"Huh?..yeah I am fine."

"Don't worry, she'll be okay."

"Yeah. I hope so."

Soon the door opened and the doctor came outside.
"Everything went well."
Hearing this the the tension in the corridor was released. The members could breath again but soon doctor added something else.
"But....
Every body came forward to give their ears for what the doctor had to say.
"She won't be able to speak for-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO SPEAK. ARE YOU EVEN LISTEN TO YOURSELF. YOU SAID EVERYTHING WENT WELL. DIDN'T YOU? THIS IS WHAT YOU MEAN BY EVERYTHING WENT WELL. ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE A DOCTOR!" Jin lashed out before the doctor could finish his sentence.

"Mr. Kim, I meant to say that she won't be able to talk for time being. She'll need time to recover. After that she can speak normally, but it will have some effect on her singing."

After the doctor explained the situation, started the series of Jin apologizing for his behaviors towards the doctor.

"Can we see her now?" Jimin asked in a desperate voice.

"Yes, of course."

He strode through door upon getting the permission. He wanted to see her. See her for himself, that she was alright.
He saw Y/n laying on her side on the bed. He could not see her face.
"Noona" he called her softly but she showed no movement. He thought of going to the other side of the bed to see if see was asleep but gave up and turned back to see Taehyung who was watching him the whole time.
"I think she's asleep." Jimin told him and left the room.

After Jimin left, Taehyung slowly walked to the other side of the bed. He saw Y/n with her empty eyes staring at the wall in her vision. Her hands held tight the piece of the sheets. She doesn't bother to look up to Taehyung. Seeing Y/n like this makes him believe that somehow he's at fault.

But the truth was the reason why Y/n did hear Jimin voice or Taehyung standing at her foot because she was busy thinking about what the doctor told her minutes ago. Not being able to speak to a few day was the least of her concern as she wasn't much of a talker. But the possibility that she won't be able to sing as good as before scared her. It was her nightmare. To be not good at something. To be useless. That's how she lived her life, proving other that she was useful, by being good daughter untill she wanted to prove she was also a good singer. Her will to live fed off of her achievements. The more she achieved , the more she thought had the right to continue living.

The Manager-nim had convinced everybody to get home and get some sleep as it had been really long and hard night for them. Besides there was a lot ahead for everybody.

From the next morning one by one every member tried to checked on Y/n. But the nurse told them she wouldn't like any visitors for time being and everybody understood. She needed time.

Somehow the news of the incident was was out, actions were taken by the company, investigation was closed as soon as it was started because the waitress girl confessed that she mixed super glue in Y/n's juice. But she didn't reveal the intention to do so though everyone had their guesses. All the members thought she was an anti fan except Taehyung.

A week had past since Y/n was last seen with BTS. But their schedule didn't stop. They continue to show up at events and shows as if there was nothing wrong. As if no one was missing. This made Y/n hysterical.
'Can I go back?' she thought

'Do they even need you to come back?'

Author's note

Can you guess why taehyung feels guilty? The answer's really silly. But you'll know in the next chapter.
By the time don't forget to vote 💜