Chapter 3

Despite the fact that people might not recognise my face, they do recognise my name, I assume, based on the reaction of them hearing my name.

I think some of them had known already by recognising my face, some knew after my name was announced. Those who didn't know were told by those who knew.

I didn't really expect that many people to recognise my name and know that I am the daughter of Emma Watson, but okay.

However, they didn't treat me differently because I was a "child of a celebrity". I was a little worried that they would be asking for autographs, but apart from the occasional "omg I'm your mum's biggest fan", they just treated me like a normal classmate.

I have to admit it felt amazing to have friends- not because of my mum.

People were eager to be friends with me because of who I am truly — perhaps I'm easy-going, humorous, amiable — and not because of my mum only. I was really happy that my classmates liked me for my true self, that even I wasn't sure of until then.

A month passed, I developed a great sense of belonging to school and my friends. I felt respected as a normal girl. It was so different from always just being looked at as "Emma Watson's daughter".

Everyday we would go to the cafeteria together and get in line for lunch. Then we find a table and chat while eating. This is probably the most typical thing for you. For me though, this was new, special. This routine was so "normal" that it tingled me with wonder.

I was very curious about the commonly considered "disgusting" cafeteria lunch, was it actually that bad?

When I took a huge bite of the mushy fish finger on the tray, I got up with a great "mmm" just as the others screamed "ew!" in unison as they tried theirs along with me. Americans.

Savannah fanned her mouth like she was about to puke in disgust. "I just don't get how you like those sloppy fish fingers."

I stuffed more into my mouth. "Are you having yours?"

I couldn't contain a snort of laughter, and soon we were cracking up. We filled thehall with our laughter.

That's why I feel so belonged .

-

Later in class, Miss Cahill made an announcement. 

"Girls! You'd want to pay attention 'cause I have some exciting news." Miss Cahill started.

We fell silent after one or two mutters and giggles.

"Our school has been organising annual dance competitions for a long time now. It has always been a memorable experience for us all. However, starting this year, the school has decided that, instead of having to do a group dance, you guys can choose to enter at your own free will a solo, or if you want you can enter with your friends as duet or trio, et cetera. Of course, you could choose to do a group dance too. There are a great variety of styles you can choose from, yes, including hip hop." She cracked a smile, and the classroom was filled with cheers and whispers.

"You can come get this entry form in now or later if you want to discuss it after school with your peers. I said after school, not now girls." She tried not to laugh as she shook her head. "The deadline of entering the competition is two weeks later which is next-next Friday. I'm informing you this early because by then you would need to have made your decision on style of dance and more detailed information and fill it in."

Savannah and I exchanged glances straight away. We ran out to grab an entry form.

"The competition will be held on the 15th of April," Savannah read it out loud.

"That's almost six months from now. We could practise more during the Christmas and Easter holidays!" I told Savannah with a grin.

"Isn't April 15th someone's birthday?" Evelyn smirked towards me and exclaimed loudly, earning a playful shove on the shoulder by that certain "someone".

"Oh shut up Ev." I rolled my eyes.

Daphne chimed in, "Hey! Isn't that your mum's birthday too?"

Another girl came to join in the conversation. It was Isabella. "Gosh, April 15th! Emma, it's gonna be on your birthday!" Then she realised she was kind of late in saying it and we all burst into giggles.

My mind swirled. I was simply thrilled. A dance competition, on my (and Mum's) birthday. Wow. 

Miss Cahill clapped her hands, interrupting my thoughts.

"What is going on, girls? Why are you all huddled up around Emma's table chatting when it's time to sit down and let me go on with the lesson? Go back to your sits, come on," she said.

We obediently followed her commands. With a sheepish grin, we returned to our sits and stayed silent. We all love Miss Cahill deep down.

-

After school, Savannah and I resumed our conversation.

"Hey Em, let's meet up later on, maybe the weekend, to discuss the competition." 

"Sounds good. We can choreograph the starting of it too then, maybe get it started," I added.

"I'm free this Saturday." She said as she checked the calendar on her phone."

I shrugged. "So... 2pm? Saturday. Where?"

"At your house?" Savannah questioned. I could hear the hint of hope and earnestness in her voice.

"Nope, you're will be a better idea," I replied bluntly.

"Fine. My house then. Wear something sporty!" She gave me her address then we parted our ways, she thrusting her backpack on her shoulder. "See you then!" I cried after her, earning a smile from her.