18- Je t'aime

It's been a week since the dinner with Carrie and things have been running smoothly for everyone since then. We won our game! The first play off game will be in two weeks. Teachers have been giving us a lot of homework lately so everyone has been pretty busy trying to get everything done. According to everyone, there has not been any rogue sightings since two weeks ago so Christian is feeling a lot more confident to leave tomorrow for his meeting. Currently, I'm packing my overnight bag for the long weekend. Dad and I just finished lunch so it's finally time to head over to the pack house! The girls gave me a very long and detailed list for what kind of outfits I should bring.

"Lia are you almost ready to leave?" Dad yells from downstairs. Dad is also staying on the territory in Carrie's guest bedroom! I'm getting a lot more comfortable with the idea of having her around, as long as she doesn't consider herself some type of replacement 

"Coming dad!" I yell back. Okay all finished packing my bag, now for what I'm going to wear now! I decide to put on a pale pink spaghetti strap summer dress that falls just above my knees. I pair the outfit with white sneakers and throw my hair in a high ponytail. As soon as I'm done getting ready, I grab my bag and join dad in the car. After a fifteen minute drive, dad pulls up to the pack house and drops me off. 

"Bye dad. Have fun!" I say, waving him good bye.

"You too Millie! I'll take you out for brunch on Saturday! Stay safe." Dad replies waving. I nod in agreement with the idea and he drives off to Carrie's house. I grab my bags and enter the pack house. As soon as I enter, I hear Stephanie in the kitchen.

"Hey Stephanie, how are you?" I ask her as I enter the kitchen. She turns my way and runs to give me a hug. 

"Oh Amelia I'm doing great! How are you?" She asks in return as she lets out of our embrace. 

"Good! I'm really excited to spend the full weekend with everyone. I was actually wondering if I could shadow you during your luna duties?" I ask. I hope she doesn't mind me asking her, just I figure the best way I should learn is by experience. 

"Of course my beautiful girl! Tomorrow you guys have school, but for the rest of the time of course! You'll love it" She says enthusiastically. 

"Do you know where Christian is?" I ask her. 

"Yes he's in the main office right now!" She replies. 

"Thank you so much Stephanie! Oh and I have a great desert surprise for you this weekend" I say. Her face lights up with excitement. We both say goodbye and I make my way to Christians public office. I've actually never been inside before. 

I knock on the large black wooded door lightly as soon as I arrive. 

"Come in" I hear Christian say on the other end. 

This office is even more extravagant than his one upstairs

This office is even more extravagant than his one upstairs. He has two seating areas, one for meetings and another a very comfy couch. The entire design is very modern and industrial which flow perfectly with his dark wood desk and leather chairs.