Ch. 32 - Ever Growing Families

Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

***

December 15th

***

We had just picked up the twins from Garcia's and were on our way home. The quiet drive was nice compared to our last few days.

"It feels good to be going home..." I yawned as I watched the stars. We had got back later than expected due to traffic so our only plan for tonight was to get the twins in bed and then to get in bed ourselves.

"Home..." I looked over at him through tired eyes to see if he was going to continue. I saw him peek at me with a smirk on his lips. "God I love you so much." I clutched his hand and brought it to my lips. I placed a soft kiss on his knuckles as the stars passed us.

We carried the sleeping twins up the stairs and unlocked the door, we quietly put them down in their cribs. I placed a kiss on each of their heads before sleepily making my way to the bedroom. I let clothes fall from my body in piles on the floor as I made my way to the bed. I crawled beneath the sheets and waited for my husband to join. I curled up in a ball and felt my eyes close as I waited.

Two warm hands snuck around my waist as I pulled back into his body. I let out a soft groan as I curled into him, his hands feeling up and down my body.

"Go to sleep, Spencer." I yawned. I heard a soft chuckle against my neck.

"Alright...alright." I heard his breathing slow down as we finally drifted off to sleep.

***

I padded down the hall, I woke up early and could hear babbling coming from Simon's room. I slipped into his room and paused at the sight before me. He was standing up with the help of the crib and he was reaching for the mobile.

"Stars!" I walked closer and continued watching in secret.

"Blue!" I had to put a hand over my mouth to hold in my excitement.

"Mama?" He turned towards me and I whispered 'BOO' at him and he giggled back at me.

"Hi, baby boy. What are you doing up so early?" I picked him up from his crib and cradled him in my arms. I played with his curls, brushing them aside as his eyes searched my face.

"Do you wanna go see if your sister is awake?" He slightly nodded his head and I smiled. We walked over to Brenna's room and sure enough, she was. She was bouncing in her crib, but she paused when she saw us. I walked over and kissed her curly head. She was a mess of giggles after, I picked her up and cradled them both against me.

Garcia had put them in matching ghost pajamas and I loved them.

I walked us into the living room, so they could get some 'belly time'

I walked us into the living room, so they could get some 'belly time'. I put on Baby Einsteins and walked away to make them some mashed bananas. They were doing so good on solid foods, Spencer and I were both so proud.