Ch. 20 - No Past Left Unturned

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. - Wayne Dyer

***

September 26th

***

"I thought I told you to play it safe in the field. Your chances of miscarrying are significantly higher with twins." Dr.Gryer scolded. We had booked an emergency appointment with her earliest availability after my kidnapping. Spencer had me on bed rest at home, which was fine because I had been nesting severely. I had been looking at baby things online and setting up a registry as the team had demanded. 

"I hadn't meant to get kidnapped. It just is in the job description sometimes." I said bashfully. She handed me a wipe to get the gel off my stomach. Our bump only growing more in these last weeks. I was in maternity clothing now, and it was weird. 

"Just continue to take it easy, I will not hesitate to take you out of the field." I gulped. 

"We will." We followed her out and got in the car. 

"Are you hungry?" Spencer asked as he looked over at me. 

"I'm craving a cherry soda and a chicken bacon salad." He laughed and we drove to a cafe by the apartment. We had sometime before we needed to be back in the office. 

***

I was sitting at my desk working on files when I felt a flutter in my stomach. I paused my typing and pulled back. I laid a hand over my bump and rubbed soft circles. 

And that's when I felt it. I felt a soft, solid movement near my pinky. I gasped and I saw Spencer look up from his computer. I rubbed more circles and I felt another movement up higher. 

"Spence, I just felt the babies move!" I yelled over the quiet of the bullpen. Everyone looked over at me in surprise. 

"But, the statistics all said you shouldn't feel movement until week 20." I laughed and motioned for him to come here. I pulled him down and put his hand on my bump. 

"Say something or do something." He rubbed a figure eight into the bump. 

"Hey, babies it's your papa. I love you so much." I felt tiny movements as he spoke. 

"They love you," I exclaimed. He leaned forward and kissed me softly. 

*** 

We had just landed in Las Vegas, we were finally going to tell his mom. I couldn't have been happier, I missed his mom probably as much as he did. 

"That dress looks beautiful on you, I love how your bump shows through it." Spencer complimented as we walked out of the airport, his hand on the small of my back. I was wearing a dress, I had gotten with the girls a few weeks ago. 

(Ignore the models extremely pregnant belly, Max's isn't that big

(Ignore the models extremely pregnant belly, Max's isn't that big.)

We walked over to our cab and got in. I held my bag to me closely as we sat in the unfamiliar cab. It was a new habit of mine, a new nesting habit.