Ch. 31 - I Do

Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind. - William Shakespeare

***

December 3rd

***

It felt like the day was never going to come. Like fate was trying to tear us apart at the end, when everything bad just kept happening. But we were both stubborn and had far too much love in our hearts too just give up. 

"Good morning, baby." I woke up to lips kissing down small of my back, his slight facial hair causing me to giggle. I pulled away so I could face him, I pulled his face up to mine and placed my lips on his. Our lips telling a long drawn out story, one that we had only started telling.

"Mmm-good morning, hot stuff," I mumbled against his lips, a smile playing out on our faces. I pulled back and stared at the man before me, the sheets just barely covering his lower half. 

"Only a few more hours and then you will be Mrs. Reid." His hands pulled me close and he peppered kisses down my shoulder. 

"I'm lucky if I don't end up pregnant again from all of this free time we've had lately." I rubbed a warm hand across my belly as a low chuckle erupted behind me. 

"You act like that would be such a bad thing..." I hummed at him as I got out of bed. 

"I'd like for Simon and Brenna to at least be in school first, I do like my job y'know." I started walking off to the bathroom when I heard his footsteps following. I started the shower and let the steam start fogging up the mirrors, I stepped into the shower followed by him. 

My peaceful shower was interrupted by moans and groans because of a horny sleepy Spencer. We got out and I playfully pushed him out of the bathroom, I lightly dried my hair and threw on one of my cotton robes. The girls were set to be here at any moment, and so was Derek. 

I heard the doorbell ring and I came racing out of the bathroom, and just barely beat him to the door. I stuck my tongue out at him as I opened the door and heard a flurry of giggles. 

"My favorite ladies!" I yelled as I let them in the apartment. Beth and Garcia made a bee-line for the nurseries, while JJ and Emily laughed at me. 

"I trust she will be in good hands?" He wrapped his arms around my waist while pressing his lips into my hair. I put my arms behind me and attempted to put them around him. 

"Only the best, I saw Derek downstairs. We will see you later lover boy." JJ called while trying to push him out the door. He bent down and placed a soft kiss to my lips while putting his hand on my cheek.

"I love you." I met his eyes and smiled. 

"I love you too." And like that, the door was closed and I was being pulled towards the sound of waking children. I picked up Simon from his crib and cradled my handsome little man. "Hello my little bundle of joy, is mommy and daddy getting married today? Yes, they are." I blew raspberries into his stomach and beamed at his little giggles. I walked out to meet up with the ladies in the kitchen. Beth had made two bottles and had one in Brenna's mouth already. I picked up the second and bounced us while he sucked down the bottle. 

"Alright, so we have 5 hours to get ready. We need to do your hair, and get you dressed." Emily called as she snacked on an apple. 

"I have the twins outfits in their closets as well, I can't believe I'm doing this..." The ladies paused to read my face.

"Okay, so if that wasn't cold feet what's going on?" Beth asked. I sighed and looked down at Simon, his eyes staring back at me.

"This isn't cold feet, I'm just...I don't know the word. I'm sad that my family never got to see this day, or that Hal-Haley never got to live long enough to be here for this. I finally got my own family and I will cherish my everyday. I just never thought I was going to get this, I guess." I felt my eyes tear up and before any of the ladies could speak, a soft voice took us by surprise.