Ch. 21 - Compromising Explosions

Life is about choices. Some we regret. Some we're proud of. We are what we choose to be. - Graham Brown

***

October 21st

***

We had just gotten done at the OB's and we were trying to hold ourselves back from looking at the piece of paper that told us the gender of our babies. They were happy and healthy, Dr. Gryer was happy with us.

We had filled out a lease on a new apartment last week and it was beautiful. It had 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, with a huge lofted living room. We had already filled it full with all of our books. It had a modern theme and was closer to work. The team had helped us move in while I had been told to stand around and order them. My bump had grown so much in just 3 weeks and I was developing a waddle. It was nearly impossible to hide it now, so we had a game plan for our next case. But for today, the only thing on the schedule was our baby shower/gender reveal. The team was at the apartment right now setting up, and I could barely hold back my nerves. Especially when I heard Rossi's names in relation to a moving truck. 

We pulled up outside the apartment and I let Reid open my door for me. I was wearing a black wrap dress that hugged everything nicely.

 I was wearing a black wrap dress that hugged everything nicely

We unlocked the door and I heard a flurry of footsteps. We stepped into our new home, and I was engulfed in gold, pinks, and blues. The team all looked incredibly proud of their work, and so was I.

"Guys, this is beautiful!" The kitchen was decked out in an assortment of food, that I'm sure Rossi cooked. The living room and lofted reading area were covered in decorations and in the corner, I saw a huge pile of gifts.

We mingled for a bit before getting to the main event. We stepped into the middle of the room and everyone held balloons that matched their predictions. Spencer and I both had two white balloons tied to our wrists. My hands slightly shook as we opened the envelope. We took a millisecond to read it before announcing it. 

"We are officially having...a girl and a boy!" We both yelled. We were met with varying degrees of cheering. So much for the 'boy' curse of the FBI. My dad and Beth walked up to us and hugged both of us. 

"We are so incredibly happy for you." I was beaming with the amount of joy in me. I looked up at Spencer and he placed a soft kiss against my lips. 

"You owe me 20 bucks dark chocolate," Garcia called. I saw Derek frown before smiling as he looked at us. 

"You two are worth losing 20 bucks over." I swatted his arm. 

We ate the delicious dinner Rossi made and lounged around a little longer before getting onto the team's favorite part. 

Spencer pulled me down next to him on the love seat. 

"Oh, open mine first," Emily said excitedly. She walked over with a couple of bags and a box. I handed the box to Spencer and I started on the bags. I pulled out several unisex baby outfits. My favorite was a yellow sweater vest and brown joggers. The box was one of the sets of baby books we had put on the registry. It was all about training a baby's mental abilities.