Epilogue (1)

"Finally asleep?"

He sighed and walked to my side of the bed and lays his head on my chest with his arms on both sides of me.

"Finally yes. Beela. That child will be the death of me." I giggle quietly, knowing that his exasperation is only temporary.

"Mareeyah is a scammer. I don't know how a toddler like her can already negotiate whether or not to sleep early." My quiet giggles turn to full blown laughter, I quickly quiet down because of Maama and the triplets.

When I had the triplets nearly four years ago, we moved in with Maama because she'd become so lonely in the big mansion all by herself and I surely needed help after winging it with my family for a week.

"What did they have for dinner?" I ask, I'd been at the office all evening, negotiating the terms of a new distributorship deal. It was tiring but worth it.

"Semo and egusi. And some fruit juice for Hassana the complainant  and picky eater." He raises his head to do a mimicking of her when she doesn't want to have semo. I fall into stiches of laughter.

"She takes after your pickiness. Can't eat this, can't do that. That's where she's got it from." I lean back into my pillow, giving him more room to look over me and I to look into his eyes.

"Do you know she doesn't wear her kindergarten uniform if it doesn't smell laundered? She just puts aunty laraba in so much trouble Everytime she goes 'ish not clean'" He laughs harder, shaking with the effort.

"I have to say, I have no idea where she got that from." He finally falls on me and rolls over to the side.

"So, Beela, how did your meeting go?" I sigh, remembering how a man, albeit executive of the distribution company tried to belittle me.

"Went well. Except for a few avoidable glitches." He leans on his elbow, that's how Adeel indicates he wants to hear more. So I tell him.

"He just didn't let me talk. Continued to save on and on. I wanted to tell him to calm down guy, I've been doing this business for nearly seven years, I'm not a baby at it. I distributed for two years before launching my own company. I'm not a fool, but he kept on talking. Finally, one of his colleagues shut him up. Boy was i glad." Adeel lays his head back onto his pillow.

"I'm tired of the men in my generation. Most of them are misogynistic fools who have been raised to think women are beneath them. And so unrepentant too." I shift to lean on him.

"I told the company CEO, that I will not be giving my business to them if they'll continue that way. Simple as ABC."

He sighs again and begins to trace a pattern on my bare shoulder with his finger. My body attunes to his immediately. I decide, this is the best time to tell him what I want to say.

"ABH?" He answers with a moan. And i turn to look at him in amazement. He's just enjoying tracing my skin.

"We're going to be parents again in May In Sha Allah." His fingers stop tracing my skin and his hand cups my shoulder.

"Naam?" I nod with a smile.

"Ans the doctor says this is alright? I'm very okay with my children. I would never risk your life." I roll my eyes at his panic. I've been on a contraceptive to stop conception and Allah knows the rest, because out of ashes came beauty.  This baby.

"How old?" I lean back on his chest.

"Sixteen weeks." He pulls me away to look me over, from head to toes and toes back to head.

"You don't look it?" I laugh lightly.

"I'm carrying just one this time around. Alhamdulilahi for Allah's mercies." It's his turn to laugh.

"Well, I have news for you too. Zeenah is returning to Nigeria with Hakim. Hakim says he got a lucrative offer from Lakish." I raise my head again.

"Is coming back going to be good for their careers? Because-"  He shuts me up with a slow kiss, a kiss that turns deep once I fall back onto my pillow.

"Lakish is world-class, I don't think anything is wrong with that." I sigh and nod.

"They don't move back until late December. At least Maama will have all her kids close." I get up to escape his clutches.

"Moh called me today sef." He smiles.

Moh is always either sending me money for the triplets to go to creameries or rides in amusement parks. He and his wife  Halima don't have any children yet. His wife is a consultant zoologist and a doctor of philosophy in zoology, talk about goals.

She's always saying she wants to get her professorship first and no one in Nile university will take her seriously if she gets pregnant while in the middle of that, so they (Moh and Halima) live voraciously through the triplets, taking them on trips and so much more.

"How much do I have to pay back this time." I mention an amount and he chokes. One thing Adeel doesn't know is, Moh feels bad everytime he sends his money back.

"Well, that's his loss. Because me i don't have a million naira to dash anyone." I laugh. That's what I thought. Though he could do it, Adeel wouldn't even notice it was gone.

"Safiyya and Zarah are a case on their own. So, Zarah crashed her 4matic a few weeks back and didn't tell anyone. Save for her mechanic, whom she asked the price for the bumper and headlights." I begin to laugh because, the crash and the story behind it, is a funny one.

"I will not. Zarah will learn to stop racing those stupid boys with a car i bought with my money. Let her be doing that with her own money." I just keep laughing.

"Why can't she be like Safiyya. 21 and so focused with her life in Paris learning to sew, but that Zarah followed her to Paris to race boys." I can't stop my laughter now, Adeel's face is a piece of work.

"I've told the mechanic to repair it next month. That will teach her a lesson." I face-palm in my laughing fit, so all those threats was for nothing. Adeel, talk and do for once na.

******

Hi guys,

Good evening/morning.  However this gets to you. Thank you all for waiting, like it's been so long. I finally got around to writing this today and I'm super proud of it.

Second, there's more. Just wait some more. And some two or three bonus chapters💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿😁

Hiya, ah. Goodnight. Can't talk too much. ❤️❤️❤️☀️